gav240z

Nice Early 240Z Restoration In Lithuania

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.938325106240149.1073741843.135300686542599&type=3

I am not sure if the link works for others? But it's a 907 Green restoration.

That car just proves how a Z can like alright until you strip it down, it is only then thatbthe full extent of rust can be seen Edited by PB260Z

That car just proves how a Z can like alright until you strip it down, it is only then thatbthe full extent of rust can be seen

I thought exactly the same thing, so many S30z's are not properly restored. Just tarted up, given a blow over and she'll be right approach.

Incredible rebuild - very pure - dont get much better than this if you want the original look!

I always like to see how different people solve rust problems on these cars ;). As we all know they rust from inside out so sometimes what can't be seen comes back to bite.

That is the only way to do it. Lots of shed time but it will all be worth it.

about 5 or 6 years ago someone told me about this mob in Lithuania that does classic car restos. I cant remember the name and not sure if it the same mob shown here, but it was incredible. The labour cost is/was about 1/10th of here and people from all over the world were sending their cars there, everything from Austins to Zeds.  They had a big crew of tradesmen with the old skills coachbuilders and the like. They also sold Z and other interior trim in leather, custom but looked very nice, not over the top. I'd totally forgotten about it 'till now.

about 5 or 6 years ago someone told me about this mob in Lithuania that does classic car restos. I cant remember the name and not sure if it the same mob shown here, but it was incredible. The labour cost is/was about 1/10th of here and people from all over the world were sending their cars there, everything from Austins to Zeds.  They had a big crew of tradesmen with the old skills coachbuilders and the like. They also sold Z and other interior trim in leather, custom but looked very nice, not over the top. I'd totally forgotten about it 'till now.

These days with the AUD to Euro conversion being what it is I am highly doubtful of that, if you incorporate the cost of shipping there and back the price would be the same if not more.