The Ebay Thread #2 - Post Ebay Parts Here!

XRQTR

Basically they are dangerous.

And yet we use petrol in our cars, which is a hell of a lot more volatile than Magnesium...

Yes, Mg wheels need some special care and treatment, but let's not exaggerate. The Kobe Seiko wheels were made from a Magnesium alloy closely resembling 'Elektron' Magnesium (look it up) and this is far more resistant to corrosion and porosity than purer Mg alloys. There are plenty of 432s running around in Japan on their OEM Kobe Seiko magnesium wheels with no problems, and as long as they have been well looked after and are checked fairly regularly they can be perfectly safe.

What kills them are constant dampness (where moisture gets under the chromate finish) and salts. It's pretty easy to see when this happens, and when wheels become scrap. Full inspection is good advice, but it's good advice for any other 45+ year old wheels too - regardless of materials. If you get into a situation where your Magnesium wheels catch fire I'd say you're already in a world of hurt, and the other volatile materials in the car have a pretty good chance of killing you first...   

• Administrators

These I'm guessing are long gone Gav?

I don't know, I know the guy who had them was going to take them to Japan or look for a potential buyer there. He said he showed a photo of them to a shop in Japan and the owner nearly had a heart attack. :D

He was asking $10k+ from memory. I looked into restoration of them and got told they were beyond repair, you would use them as garden/garage ornaments only. But he was convinced he'd struck oil (seller) and I didn't even bother trying to offer him a reasonable price. (I want the wider version anyway).

Pretty sure they were fitted to HS30 00920 when sold in NZ.

http://www.viczcar.com/forum/topic/13773-early-girl-bingo-with-photos/?p=182268

• Administrators

In your opinion what are these wheels worth in good condition, that is the narrower 432 wheels or the wider works wheels?

If in good usable condition I've seen them sell for $15k. Since they are for a Z432 and they fetch 250-300k for a good 1 maybe a bit more, what's 15k for the right wheels?

Damn, wish I could read Japanese,lol ;D

2,501,000 Yen....wow!

Just a mere A$30,000!

It's a complete, rebuilt engine so you can expect it to get bid to at least double what it's already been bid up to (2.5 million JPY).

They are changing hands for such prices because some people who own S20-powered cars are now busy snapping up engines and engine parts as 'insurance' spares. 

• Administrators

Genuine HS30-H G-Nose set up?

Seller: https://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/seller/ukulele_oyaji

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r197654539

Current asking price: 1,650,000 yen

(AU$20,113.50)

ukulele_oyaji-img600x600-14987979512fbbx

ukulele_oyaji-img600x450-1498797951i86op

ukulele_oyaji-img600x600-14987979512fbbx

Fairlady Z S30 240ZG genuine G nose set light cover used goods genuine color-painted repair already Nissan genuine hand goods

◆ Product Name ◆ 
● is Fairlady Z S30 240ZG genuine G nose SET used goods.
※ Because it becomes the big-ticket items, is one of successful planning / bid seekers, you can check the spot before a bid. If you wish, we will contact you are not directly from us if it is possible to contact us in the question column. (However, it is determined in the case of the worse one of new direction / evaluation, but many on our side, we will withhold your questions. Please pardon. Exhibition / storage location will be Yokohama Tomei Machida Inter buckwheat)

◆ Product state ◆ 
is ● genuine Nissan used parts. 
● it was kept in the warehouse to remove ago 40 years. 
● front bumper and the lower brand nose painted in the repair / same color at the time of exhibition.
● Upper brand nose was painted in white.
● bracket of Fr bumper / Roanozu / Upper nose, it has replaced with a new one.
● the center portion of the upper nose, there are cracks around the mounting bracket. The attachment I think there is no problem.
● there, such as line scratches on the lens of the light cover there is, but, like cloudy no, I think that's a good lens of the state.

◆ The set includes ◆
● front bumper 98540-E8700 X1
● Upper brand nose 98510-E8700 X1
● lower brand nose 98510-N3256 X1
● head light case RH 63115-E8730 X1
● head light case LH 63116-E8730 X1
● light cover (with Mekkirimu / screw) RH 63900-E8725 X1
● light cover (with Mekkirimu / screw) LH 63901-E8725 X1

★★★ we have severe packing by me. Because there might be very small etc. Sure in such as the shooting or the like is made, Please consider the premise of repair / re-painted. Light case and upper nose repainting is required. To me personally it may not be what the problem is I do not think. ★★★

※ This thing is all that is reflected in the image. There is no other accessories.

And the lower half.

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/u150651490

Asking Price: 650,000 yen

(AU$7,923.50)

ukulele_oyaji-img600x400-1498796952mpakj

ukulele_oyaji-img600x600-1498796952kiiu7

ukulele_oyaji-img600x450-1498796952meghv

Fairlady Z S30 240ZG genuine G nose lower brand nose used goods genuine color-painted repair already Nissan genuine hand goods

◆ Product Name ◆ 
● is Fairlady Z S30 240ZG genuine G nose lower brand nose used goods.

◆ Product state ◆ 
● it is used parts. 
● it was kept in the warehouse to remove ago 40 years. 
● We painted by the repair / genuine color at the time of exhibition.
● bracket mounting, we have replaced with a new one.
★★★ we have severe packing by me. So also there if you are able to fine thread, etc., etc. such as photographing, Please consider the premise of repair. To me personally it may not be what the problem is I do not think. ★★★

※ If a successful bid schedule / bid who wish to, you can check the spot before a bid. If you wish, we will contact you are not directly from us if it is possible to contact us in the question column. (However, in the case of the worse one of new direction / evaluation but often I will refrain.)

※ This thing is all that is reflected in the image. There is no other accessories.

• 2 weeks later...

Front guards on trademe.co.nz

In Invercargill, the far south end of the South Island, so bit of a distance from any of the main centres. Bert Munro territory (refer movie "The World's Fastest Indian").

Quite a number of Zeds and enthusiasts down that far south, according to an owner I sold some parts to some time back.

• Administrators

There was a bunch of Nissan 2400 OHC valve covers on eBay US in the last 6 months. Apparently all bought by some chap in NZ for silly money. Is restoring lots of early cars apparently?

Tell him to share some, I don't want to pay $800 USD for a valve cover! Thankfully after that spate of crazy buying prices settled down again to around $350-$400 USD.

I wouldn't be surprised if the South Island has more old Dattos preserved or stashed away than the North Island despite the much smaller population. It's been suggested that the low humidity may have a lot to do with it, given that the Jap cars, and Datsuns especially, of the '70s had a well earned reputation for rust problems.