Wtb: 280Zx Manual Conversion Parts Or Donor Manual Car

macintoshplus

• Moderators

Hey guys, title says it all. How much should I be expecting to pay for something like this?

I am located in Melbourne, Victoria. Would prefer something I can pickup myself instead of getting freighted from another state.

Am also chasing a red center console lid, mine is all worn.

Thanks

I paid around $900 for a very rusty but complete, running and drivable 280ZX Manual about 18 months ago.

Are you looking for a red console lid for a 260Z or 280ZX ?

• Moderators

Hi,

When I purchased my 280ZX donor car I took a punt and purchased a car that hadn't been started or moved for over 10 years. The story was it is was a one owner car that had failed rego due to rust in 2003, at that time it had 120k on the clock and was driven into the carport and there it stayed until they sold the house in 2014 at which time it had to go. So whilst I only paid $900 there was a risk that it would not start or worse still could be stuffed and that was why it was only $900.

Do I know any wreckers in Melb? in short no, I am in Sydney. I would suggest watching the various online sales sites and when you see one that could be suitable jump in.

I have since transplanted the engine, gearbox and related hardware into my 2+2 and the what is left of the ZX is off to Cozza so he grab any parts he needs for his car.

Are you looking to covert an Auto 280ZX to Manual, or convert a 260Z to 280ZX running gear ?

Cheers

PB

Hey mate, I'm looking to convert my 280ZX 2+2 from Auto to Manual. I am having trouble finding all the parts. Went to a Z parts shop yesterday but the guy there was no help and I couldn't differentiate between 280ZX, 260z and 240z parts. Its been difficult tracking down the parts I need so I figured that it would be much easier just to find a whole donor and part it that way everything I need for the swap is there, no issues and it'll be a quick and easy swap. For example I heard there are special bolts that are longer and are required to bolt the flywheel on, and they are rare bolts. Seems like too much of a screw around to find them when I know I can just get them off a complete donor car.

I've found one possible car. It's 2.9k and in Queensland. Would cost over 500 to get it transported here and even then 2.9k is way too much for me just to grab the tranny out, and I don't really want to ruin a perfectly good project car.

I guess I just gotta be patient and keep my eye out. Its been hard trying to find anything S130 here in Victoria, everything is interstate, even the 280ZX I bought was from Tasmania.

Thanks