Sign in to follow this  
PB260Z

Bathurst 12Hr Crash.

I saw that on AA - no idea how he did it!

It is not like there is any grass at the elbow, must have transitting the mower down through the dipper. Do ride ons have brakes ?

Edited by PB260Z

That looks nasty - and that beast is seriously lacking in the normal safety upgrades of a track going vehicle  ;D

If he fell onto the track from the high part of the grass, I can easily understand how he could be seriously injured. It would be at least a metre depending on where he fell from.Forests-Elbow-700x466.jpg

Rear mount, rear wheel drive - Understeer!

From a page on Facebook (so this must be the truth :-) )

Word from Bathurst regarding the mower crash from Barney:

"I know it has been posted already, but this is a pic I took.

Have to say its one of the strangest crashes I have ever seen. Firstly I have never seen a lawn mower do about 80kmph, nor have I seen someone fly through the air like quite like this bloke.

I was one of the first on the scene and had the privilege of calling 000 and had to explain to the call centre that there had been a lawn mower crash at Mt Panorama. The woman asked what road it was on my only answer was Forrest Elbow. Didn't think she was believing what I was saying.

I was standing at the marshals post that Mostert took out at the 1000. Then i hear the toot toot of a horn, look up the hill to see the bloke honking the horn on a ride on mower. This guy was flying, I recon 70 - 80kph, the thing was buzzing so hard it sounded like a Clubman kart engine just about to 4 stroke. I said to my mates he will never make Forrest elbow at that speed. Sure enough, he turned in, I could hear the scraping sound of the mower rolling onto its cutter shroud, then bang straight into the tyre wall. I could see legs-arms-legs-arms as he flew through the air over the wall bouncing of the Bentley sign boards before wrapping himself around a letter box pole on the other side of the wall about 8 or so metres from the mower. If you look at the pic you can see a blue mark on the wall, that where he hit and the guy in the high vis is looking at him!

Anyway we shoved him in the Ambulance and I believe he is going to be ok. F$&@ing strange thing to see" END QUOTE

post-102365-0-34284400-1455276073_thumb.jpeg

Edited by PB260Z

Hi Mate

No idea, I am a regular at the 1000 and have been for many years, but have never been to the twelve hour.

I thought maybe he was pissed?

In saying that we had the steering link on our ride on mower fail on one side years ago, the result was zero steering even though one wheel was still working.

I've had a few rde on mowers like that, and, some of you mght have been up my steep long hillclimb like driveway.

The brakes on those things are woefull, and, once it slips out f drive gear into a neutral, its a freewheeling ride.

Believe me,,,, i know!

The steering aint much chop either,,,,