Sign in to follow this  
Lurch

Phillp Island Run - 19th/20th April '08 - UPDATED!

Just so you know when I booked they take a Credit card number but I am pretty sure they didn't debit anything until we arrive. So you can easily split the bill on the weekend without being out of pocket.

Also just a word of warning re car parking. They say there is only room for one car space per room. Otherwise the others might end up on the nature strip for which there is plenty of room out front. But since I don't think they will be fully booked for that weekend we could all trickle into the car parks later that evening if space permits.

Hey guys

im probably in for saturday only as long as i dont have to work, any chance of you emailing through the maps Suilio. Its about time i came along again , the zed needs a good drive.

cheers

Richard

Sorry for the late notice but i will be able to come with my mate Cal for the whole weekend.

Let me know what i need to do to organise room if possible and please email me info

tilerjoel at bigpond.com.au

Got it thanks! Oh Sulio, In your email you sent, what brand radio did you get (for $160)? Or which one do you recommend?

Hi Ash,

Map sent. I've put you down for the Saturday. Up to about 14 cars that I know of so should be a good one.

Sulio

Hi Joel,

Map and details sent to you. I have attached the map and details as requested. Please note there might be space for you and your mate in the room Sach has organised, not sure you need to get in touch with him or the others staying in that room. Refer to the page two of this thread for contact details.

See you there!

Sulio

Got it thanks! Oh Sulio, In your email you sent, what brand radio did you get (for $160)? Or which one do you recommend?

Dimitri, The unit I bought is a scanner/CB radio, it is thesame size as a normal hand held 5 watt Uniden 40 channel UHF cb radio but you can programme all the normal frequencies and more ie it goes above and below the nomal freq range. Not that it matters as I only use the normal 40 and once set operates as a normal CB radio.

For an extra $15 I bought the ext mic which comes in very handy when cruising. There is an identical unit on e-bay atm. The seller is from Tullamarine and usuallly has a few sets going. I picked mine up from him when I bought it as I was due to head out that at the time.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEW-UHF-5-W-TWO-WAY-CB-RADIO-SCANNER_W0QQitemZ200215082494QQihZ010QQcategoryZ296QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Sulio

The weather forecast is looking great for the weekend drive. Fine and dry around 25deg. Perfect for cruising in a Zed with no aircon. Bring it on.

I've blown out my account on the transmission ( Nearly 1k all) so idon't think i'll be able 2 make it  :'(

Once again my car locks me in a little box and hides me under the stairs  >:(

I am not sure who has control of the 2nd room booking but you might want to check numbers. According to me you still have 3.

oozla which panels are off i can rig somethig 4 indicators. i won $100 today so i could still do trip if u want me 2 pick u up can do. Sister used to live in pasco vale.  ;)

Scoota

Was just about to book a room for me and my mate Cal but might wait to find out what OOZLA and SCOOTA are doing otherwise looks like SACH would  be by himself when the 3 of us could have a room. Anyway let us know and if i havnt heard anything by wednesday i will book room.

Thanks

Joel.