260Z Headlight Harness Help

ultrasuede

Hi everyone, i'm in need of assistance. My headlight looks pretty dull (its had the H4 upgrade) so i did the headlight harness upgrade. I put the low beam (red w black) and the highbeam (red) wires into the relays, but when i turn the lights on, all I get is high beams, and when i put the multimeter on the low beam wire that is connecting to the bulb? I get 12v! Am I on the wrong wire? All the wiring diagrams i can find are for the 240. Please help

Still no luck. Can someone please clarify something for me, does the power run through the firewall, through the switch, then back through the firewall to the headlights? Or does the switch only control the ground, not the live. I swear I have hooked up those wires every way I could think of. Still no luck.

Its been a long time since I have done mine but im fairly sure. When you switch the lights on at the combination switch 12v positive is sent to both the low and high beam elements.

Then the high/low stalk switches the negative for low or high beam.

Going out to the now shed will have a look.

The high/low switch definitely swithches neg. On mine when you turn the lights on pos12v is fed to both high beam and low beam relay coils(pin85)on each.

Then the high beam neg goes to the high beam relay coil (pin86) and the low beam neg to the low relay coil (pin86 other relay).

Hope that makes sence.

My car uses a 260z 2seater loom