CBR Jeff

Only In Japan

Anotherattachicon.gifimage.jpeg

We have these on every floor of our office in Nagoya, and when there a few people in them they get rather "Foggy"

They make the smokers very obviously away from their workstation and also saves time by removing the lift ride up and down.

I went late last year, and miss it already. Never found the beer vending machines, but every family mart had it sitting right next to the soft drink.

lol appearing to do something but not really doing anything at all. Typical Japanese 'solution'?

I assume the smoking room has an extract vent in the ceiling, the grille in the door provides fresh/conditioned air from the main room and allows an almost neutral air pressure.

Seen them in various airports, chokkas with people and pretty foggy as PB mentioned.

Gotta be desperate for a durry.

I assume the smoking room has an extract vent in the ceiling, the grille in the door provides fresh/conditioned air from the main room and allows an almost neutral air pressure.

Seen them in various airports, chokkas with people and pretty foggy as PB mentioned.

Gotta be desperate for a durry.

All over the middle east, you forget that cigarettes are still a thing in parts of the world. I remember being in Jordan and buying a bus ticket at a local depot, the guy behind the counter was smoking in the office. I only realised at that point that it wasn't that long ago in places like Australia people could smoke in the office or what's funny is when you board an old aircraft that still has the ashtray in the seat rests.

In Shinjuku we found that they had a lot of No Smoking campaigns going on. But most places allow smoking in their restarunts\cafes

Only in Japan would a vending machine survive like this. Just on the side on the road plugged into the pole. This is one of the nicest things about Japan. It would be gone in a heart beat at home.

post-103565-0-88761600-1453018639_thumb.jpeg

So true CBR Jeff. I remember sitting in a cafe in Japan, a lady gets up leaves her handbag, book and everything else to go to the bathroom. Comes back 10mins later, with everything still there. Not a single person looked at the stuff she had left behind. They have a great deal of respect for others property.

Back here would have been gone after 3 mins.

So true CBR Jeff. I remember sitting in a cafe in Japan, a lady gets up leaves her handbag, book and everything else to go to the bathroom. Comes back 10mins later, with everything still there. Not a single person looked at the stuff she had left behind. They have a great deal of respect for others property.

Back here would have been gone after 3 mins.

Yes they are very respectful people. I just love the fact you always feel safe in Japan. Great place great people and an amazing culture.

Well one of my favorite things about Japan is the tv shows. Specially the New Years eve specials from Downtown. It was one of the only things I could watch without knowing Japanese.

The premise is 5 comedians (same every year) spend 24 hours in situations where they aren't allowed to laugh otherwise they get punished - hit in the arse.

Managed to find a small clip with subs from 2009 - http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k263RjVXrzn7982KY5s

Some of granted doesn't make sense, considering its been running for a number of years there is a number of running jokes and appearances from celebrities which we aren't familiar with.

Also amusing this clip the 5 comedians in red, are trying to beat the other team by making the most different actions and facial expressions - its ridiculous but quite funny. The video doesnt complete properly and kinda loops to the beginning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSlTmMRazSM