Jeff43's Hs30-00134 Restoration

jeff43

2 minutes ago, George said:

Brilliant Jeff. Well done mate. Enjoy it for the rest of us still plodding along. :)

Thanks George. Funny thing I was watching your video on FB with your young fella having a steer (very cute and keen)and it made me think about something that happened today. So here's the story, neither of my 2 daughters has shown much interest in my car (other than - can we sell it and use the money to go to Disneyland) throughout the 7 1/2 years it has taken me to build it. Then today I wanted to take my car for a first drive around the block and they both wanted to come (wife was at work). So I squeezed both of them into the passenger seat ( they are not very big girls 10 and 12 now) seat belt around both of them and off we go. They both squealed with excitement the whole way round the block and now they both want to come driving with me all the time - go figure. So now unfortunately the car is for sale and I have to find something with a back seat to replace it.

Thanks Jeff. It was a good blend of colours. Yeah the stance is killing me but I'm more interested in having a bit of a drive at the moment than getting the ride height sorted, it won't be too long though.

It was great to see your car in the flesh yesterday, saw you driving on saturday then to come home yesterday and see you parked across from my house.  excellent job you have done, hope mine will look just as good.

Sounded awesome as you drove off.

I'll have to come over and raid your leftover parts

Thanks all for the kind words. I'm really happy with the stance of the car now, not overly aggressive and the control arms are pretty much level so not bad for bump steer. I took her for a quick spin to Mallala Motorsport park this afternoon to check out a car practice day. I was very happy with the ride quality and she tracked pretty well considering I have only done an eyeball wheel alignment, I will get a proper wheel alignment soon. The engine runs well and pulled nicely to 6500 ish. All in all very happy with it, always more tinkering to do but I think I have a great starting point. I think she would like a run around the track too but I'm undecided on that point at the moment, time will tell. The sun was giving some nice reflections in the shed late this afternoon and I thought I would grab a pic or two, hard to capture with the phone camera.

Cheers Jeff

IMG_20190504_163948529.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, RLY240 said:

You got it wet already?  That didn't take long!

Roger

Yeah, I was always saying to myself "never gonna drive it in the rain". Then on Sunday I just decided it is there to be driven and went to C & C anyway. Only took me a bout 2hrs to clean her when I got home. Not planning on driving her in the rain to often though.

17 hours ago, jeff43 said:

Yeah, I was always saying to myself "never gonna drive it in the rain". Then on Sunday I just decided it is there to be driven and went to C & C anyway. Only took me a bout 2hrs to clean her when I got home. Not planning on driving her in the rain to often though.

Contentious issue for me right now!

I too declared "never gonna drive it in the rain". I've missed several events I really wanted to go to because of this.....but its got 5,000 hard driven km's on it now and its still pristine underneath.

IMG_3983.thumb.jpg.cb7dde06cab3bbc55b003634b481b73d.jpg

Hi Dave,

I appreciate the input. It is a bit of a contentious issue. You must have more will power than me. Mine is definitely not clean underneath anymore, however I know that by next weekend it will have worn me down and I will be cleaning the underside of the car as well. I have another C&C appointment this weekend so I hope the rain stays away this weekend otherwise I will have to decide if I go or keep her dry (a constant internal battle). I think it will be easier to not take her out in the rain once the novelty of driving her has worn off a bit.

Cheers Jeff

• 1 month later...

Another Sunday and another Cars and Coffee event. This was at Cafe Bravo @ Norwood SA. It was a new event, very well organised and there was a great turn out. The event was organised by a facebook group called "Porsche spotting Adelaide" so it had a distinct Porsche influence. I thought it best to take the Datto and keep the Porsche's honest. Had a great time catching up with a few mates and meeting some new people. It was nice to also be presented with an award/prize as well. Enjoy the pics.

IMG_20190630_082209111.jpg

IMG_20190630_082235133.jpg

IMG_20190630_082242313.jpg

IMG_20190630_085048833.jpg

IMG_20190630_091754672.jpg

IMG_20190630_085415076.jpg

IMG_20190630_091456763_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190630_091737344_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

IMG_20190630_091901984.jpg

IMG_20190630_091910971.jpg

IMG_20190630_124844891.jpg

• 1 month later...