Rust Repair Sections Group Buy

gav240z

• Administrators

Mine in total was $400 Canadian panel and delivery in total.

Are you sure it was Canadian? And not USD? I think otherwise I may have overpaid as I paid for mine in USD.

• Administrators

Just an FYI on these, they will need some fettling to make work. They are fairly flat, so will need some more curvature east-west, to do that I am likely going to use a shrinker along the top edge seen below. That should pull it in at each end.

IMG_20160228_151407.jpg

You can see toward the bottom also it's not quite as curved as it needs to be to hook under to meet the rear 1/4 panel.

IMG_20160228_151413.jpg

Better photo showing how straight it is vs the standard panel.

IMG_20160228_151427.jpg

IMG_20160228_151436.jpg

IMG_20160228_151447.jpg

IMG_20160228_151510.jpg

IMG_20160228_151517.jpg

Otherwise the fitment looks quite good and the pressings are pretty decent.

I've got 1 spare piece.

Price is $450 + postage to you.

Just an FYI on these, they will need some fettling to make work. They are fairly flat, so will need some more curvature east-west, to do that I am likely going to use a shrinker along the top edge seen below. That should pull it in at each end.

Otherwise the fitment looks quite good and the pressings are pretty decent.

I've got 1 spare piece.

Price is $450 + postage to you.

Would this panel be suitable for 260z's too?

• Administrators

Yes and no, the 260z ones are a bit different in terms of holes in the rear to accommodate larger rear bumpers that North American market cars had. However many owners choose to fill these. Also the indentation is different between 240z's and 260z's. It can still work, but depends on the level of restoration you're doing.

I saw a photo recently of someone who put this panel on a 280z but I can't find it now. It can be done, but I've never done it so can't give more details.

• Administrators

This might be helpful.

http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/116544-1970-240z-bumpers-on-an-early-1974-260z/?p=1096901

Rear of 260z/280z valance panel.

nobumpers3.jpg

I guess it depends on your year of car and may also impact the way rear bumpers fit.

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi Gav,

sorry to reopen this old thread (let me know if there is a better way?), but I was interested how you went with shrinking the top edge for the panel?  I need to do exactly the same thing and would love any tips?

• Administrators

Hi Gav,

sorry to reopen this old thread (let me know if there is a better way?), but I was interested how you went with shrinking the top edge for the panel?  I need to do exactly the same thing and would love any tips?

My panel is still sitting in the garage waiting for fitment, I haven't got onto it yet as I've been busy with the bonnet.

http://www.viczcar.com/forum/topic/12272-separating-bonnet-skin-and-frame/

I will document it when I get around to it. My panel teacher at tafe may suggest re-creating the lower section of the panel or repairing the existing piece instead of using this.

• Administrators

It's exactly what I need... Are you looking at getting any more imported Gav? Would definitely be interested.

I wasn't planning to, because the last shipment only raised a small amount of interest. However I am looking to import roof sections, doors, bonnets, rear 1/4 panels, steel wheels etc.. (second hand) and we could look at rust repair panels also since I believe Tabco won't ship directly to Australia etc...