Rust Repair Sections Group Buy

gav240z

• Administrators

Hi Everyone,

So I've been in contact with this supplier.

http://www.datsunzparts.com/index.html

Originally I was just going to import beaver panels, but after pricing up shipping by air we discovered it was going to be pretty expensive. The seller is willing to ship via sea (so probably a 30-50 day shipping time) and they are being charged a set rate (cubic meter sizing) regardless of how much we stuff in the space (weight is not an issue).

We could literally ship 100 beaver panels for the same rate OR we could ship floors, front frame rails, and beaver panels etc.. They also do 280zx floors.

Basically the more we ship the lower each items costs to ship and the better the rate I could do for each item.

I was originally going to ship about 5-6 beaver panels, however demand seems to be around 2-3 at the moment, but I'm fairly confident once here they will sell quickly. I'm not sure about the other stuff, as you can imagine I would prefer not to be sitting on these parts forever so looking to gauge interest in shipping stuff here.

The big unknown is what fee's I'll have to pay on this end once shipped here, so I can't give final pricing for anything yet.

I also have to add my own fee for my time organising, capital outlay, risk etc..

But it should work out cheaper than shipping directly yourself. I've also asked about other potential parts like roof turrets, doors etc.. Not sure if this person can get those or ship those also.

So if you're after anything please let me know? Not commitment at this stage as it might just work out easier to ship beaver panels and nothing else but I know a few people were after frame rails and may be interested in floors (although we have rare spares local option also).

http://www.viczcar.com/forum/topic/13810-who-needs-beaverpanels/

http://www.viczcar.com/forum/topic/9634-240z-260z-replacement-engine-bay-floor-rails-now-available-sa/

I'm defiantly interested in some front frame rail action! Could you give a rough guestamate of the price of two front frame rail (Left and Right) I know the price won't be too accurate as things will change depending on how many people are interested etc but I'd just like to get an idea of what sort of price range we are talking.

Thanks,

Andrew

**Edit, I looked on the website and 390USD isn't bad for a set of frame rails, I'll be interested to hear about shipping and all that fun stuff. I am glad that this opportunity has come up just as I have found a fair share of rust in those sections**

Thanks again!

Edited by Andrew_L26

• Administrators

Andrew you might also want to contact Nato in South Australia to see if he has any surplus from the last run or if he intends to produce anymore. In my opinion it will always work out cheaper to buy locally made stuff and it supports our local economy but sometimes stuff isn't available locally like the rear tail light panel and so that's when I have to opt to import.

Let us know how to you with Nato as I suspect others probably want front rails also.

Sorry for spamming your notifcations Gav and Hokin but I was wondering who Nato is, I'm reasonably new to the Datsun/Zed car world and honestly all I can find about Nato is actually about NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization) which doesn't help too much. Could you point me in the correct direction haha

Thanks!

**Edit, found him! I should have checked your links before asking, sorry about that

Edited by Andrew_L26

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

New years bump, haven't had all that much interest in anything other than the beaver panel.

I may have found a car with a good beaver panel section so not sure yet if I'm going to order this in for myself. Will know later this week.

However figured I'd bump this up and bring it to people's attention.

Thanks for the vendor link Gav, due to urgency of needing the part I have had to order prior to the group buy. I have managed to talk to Charlie (Vendor) and arranged to get one sent over from Canada land. Vendor is a pretty nice guy, but will keep you advised with regards to obtaining the end product and customer service.

PS: Next lot of rear beaver panels wont be available until after April Charlie advised.

• Administrators

Thanks for letting me know. I went to see this car yesterday.

http://www.viczcar.com/forum/topic/14423-stripping-lhd-240z/

I thought the rear beaver on it was going to be suitable, but it's in pretty rough shape.

So that's why I held off buying these, I figure OEM would be best and least amount of fettling involved but I will now be ordering at least 1 for myself. I look forward to your feedback on the item.

I am guessing it's being sent via Air which is expensive?

• Administrators

Hi Gav, may be interested in frame rails but think it may be better to wait until we are stronger against the USD.

Cheers

Totally understand, that's why I've been buying less from the US lately also. Although AUD vs YEN is not much better. But I've also been buying stuff locally also where possible. I would get onto Nato in SA about the rails, better to support local where possible.

Given the lack of interest shown so far, I think I'll just order the lower beaver panel for myself, repair what I got and move on...

Hi Gav,

That sucks to hear, but i've been in the same boat for the past few months and its caused mine to come to a stand still which was driving me nuts. Thus I went ahead based upon the interest in the group buy. Charlie seems to be open to negotiations and shipping methods which may help as it did with mine. If your going ahead i'll let him know i'm a member of the forum and see if you can get a discount based on recommendation.

Cheers,
Hokin

• Administrators

Hi Gav,

That sucks to hear, but i've been in the same boat for the past few months and its caused mine to come to a stand still which was driving me nuts. Thus I went ahead based upon the interest in the group buy. Charlie seems to be open to negotiations and shipping methods which may help as it did with mine. If your going ahead i'll let him know i'm a member of the forum and see if you can get a discount based on recommendation.

Cheers,

Hokin

Thanks mate, yes I'll be ordering this section from Charlie.

Hi All,

If you are going to get any panels from Zeddfind, I have notified Charlie of the forum and that we may have some members with interest in some of his panels. Just notify him your from the here and hopefully he can look after you.

FYI: Rear Lower valances may have a delay due to stock from what I understand.

Cheers,
Hokin

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

What sort of price if you dont mind me asking?

I'll have to sit down and figure it out, shipping is expensive due to size and when you put 3 pieces of sheet metal together they actually have a bit of weight too. From memory they should be around $450-$500 each.