PeterAllen

Peter Allen And Hs30 10763 - 10Th Anniversary Today

Happy anniversary to you and your bride Peter  ;) 

P.S.

My bride and I have now been together 32 years, she was an 8 year old when I met her LMAO

Edited by Sirpent

Peter. I thought it was tin and I couldn't think of anything to buy, I was just going to settle on the two of us sneaking away to a motel for the night. However, if it is aluminium as well then she should be pleased with the speedo mount I made for her this week - sits on her transmission tunnel... if you know what I mean!

She's a fast lady and now we'll know just how fast.

Speedo%20mounting%202s_zpsbyrpqfyn.jpg

Speedo%20mounting%201s_zps3z96f4oi.jpg

Looks fantastic Peter! That gated shifter will look great, I love those little details. 

Any idea on a slightly more accurate completion date? :)

Completion date??? I first intended to have it ready for a nephew to drive away from his wedding reception, now his eldest child is starting school next year! Gareth I've kinda given up on setting finishing dates but I'm trying now to focus on registration items, e.g. demister, lights, speedo, etc so I can drive it on the road and worry about the bling later.

However, the bling can be very enjoyable. Here are some bonnet bits.

Bonnet%20fittings%201_zpsi9mbt8dl.jpg

Def looks neat out on the street Peter.

Peter. A bit different from the last time you saw it. 

101_6362_zpsmms9upzi.jpg

I just remembered, I've still got some of that rope you lent me.

Edited by PeterAllen

I didn't quite have it ready for the get-together last weekend but I've had an Unregistered Vehicle Permit for three days and I've finally taken it for something of a drive... at long last.

Interior

Blue%20seat%20trim%207_zpsgdh5c9ah.jpg

Cape Solander yesterday

Cape%20Solander%20May%202016%201s_zpsgaq

George's great image from last weekend

George%203_zpslvl6vcs7.jpg

Looking good Peter ! Must have been an amazing feeling to get it out on the road.  Look forward to seeing it in the flesh.

Nice work Peter. I bet it turns some heads on the road. Do you feel like Tom Cruise when you drive it?

Edited by CBR Jeff

Looking great Peter, envy the fact that you have now been able to drive it, but also happy the days finally arrived ;-)

.. you must be very proud, pleased, relieved , tired ( at your age)...

Listen Hughes, if I was any younger I'd come up to Tamworth and I'd... I'd... I'd... ah, forgot what I was gonna say....

Looking great Peter, envy the fact that you have now been able to drive it, but also happy the days finally arrived ;-)

Thanks John, but there's still a fair bit of commissioning details to be done.

Edited by PeterAllen

And that would be a surprise .... Because if I knew you were coming I'd have forgotten by the time you got here

Looks amazing.

Must have felt great to finally be out on the road.

Cheers

PB

Recently some fellow overseas GTO builders asked for a walk-around video of the car now that it's on the road and I asked on another forum if anyone could assist with this. A Clubman builder and pro-photographer, Tim Robinson, offered to help and as you will see it changed focus a bit.

For years I've been trying to explain various aspects of the car to the family and yet even seeing and touching it meant very little to them. Tim's magic has finally relayed what it is all about in a medium they seem to understand. This will sound like a plug for Tim (I hope so, because that's what it's meant to be) but get in touch with him about stills or filming your car. I can't think of a better way to remember, and pass on, what your car meant to you.

Important: Click on Vimeo logo and set to FULL SCREEN and turn the VOLUME UP.

https://vimeo.com/194912950

Edited by PeterAllen

Great video Peter, Tim has done a fantastic job.

It wouldn't have had quite the same appeal with a Japanese tune to it. ????

Cheers Mate

Mick

Awesome Peter. The sense of achievement  and satisfaction must be overwhelming.

I recall when you nearly packed it in and thought "Noooooooo....you've gone so far" glad you saw it through to completion.

Congrats.

David

Thanks Mick.

David. I'd forgotten about the heart attack, but as the Black Knight would say, "twas but a flesh wound".

The video is now on YouTube  

You''ll also note the singing lessons seem to be paying off!

Edited by gav240z

At a friend's suggestion I have compiled my quarterly diary notes into a book. It has been quite an undertaking but a first edition has been produced – see samples attached .

Here are some of the early reviews:

"AMAZING" that someone would have the gall to publish such crap.

"INCREDIBLE" to think a tree was sacrificed for this.

The original text has been proofread by an experienced academic, what rights good, so hopefully it’s now quite readable. I was amazed to discover there were close to 32,000 words.

Space limitation means the number of photos has been reduced but there are still over 400 included.

Working with the options offered by the on-line printer means the book is in a largish format, either 14"x11”. This is to fit it all into 80 pages with a font size old folks can see.

To my surprise quite a few people have said they would be interested in a copy. I’m unsure if they were winding me up, i.e. "takin' the urine", or not, but anyway I’ve decided to put out a feeler to see if there is genuine interest.

It would be printed by ‘Photobook Australia’. They offer specials quite often and the first edition cost me $62. I suspect by waiting for a special offer I could have each produced in the $40-$65 range.

If anyone is interested please let me know via a PM. When I have the numbers I’ll wait and let you know a definite cost prior to placing the order – could be two days or two months.

post-100401-0-77239900-1501581339_thumb.jpg

post-100401-0-29401500-1501581341_thumb.jpg

post-100401-0-59919900-1501581344_thumb.jpg
Edited by PeterAllen