Acrylic or 2pack

Natez

• Administrators

I'd go with 2pack paint after having an Acrylic car.

Sulio is right you will need to maintain it more often and it's subject to all sorts of bad things like Water Spots, Acid Rain, Bird Crap :wink: you name it Acrylic doesn't hold up the same.

I'm not saying 2pack paint will not be affected by these things but it will definately withstand more punishment.

A few coats of clear over the top would definately give you a killer shine. :twisted:

Just MHO from someone who is sick of Acrylic.

2 pack is by all reports much more durable and sets a lot harder than acrilic. I'd hold out and pay someone to spray it in 2 pack, because the effect of baking it in the oven adds a lot of strength to the finish. Just one of the reasons I'm going to get a panelshop to spray mine when its done.

With my car i painted in what they call cobra jet which you paint like acylic but you get a finish like 2-pac they said that its only avaliable on some colours, so youd have to check first with the paint supplier, but if its a modern day colour i think you should be fine

cheers

Richard

• 4 weeks later...

hey nate, just wondering what colour green ur car was, just interested in if its code 240 like mine or another one, as i havn't seen one that looks the same as my colour, they all seem to be more of a rich green or lighter, on the colour code chart thats on the net somewhere the 240 colour one seems to be different too (mine looks more yellow?)...so would they have doubled up on paint colours from 240z's to 260z's, if so sounds like a stupid thing to do to me...i was thinking mayb my car was resprayed a variation of the orginal colour but the engine bay and stuff is the same and my cars only had a crappy respray.