Historic Sandown 2015

hmd

Here's a brief race report from the Z perspective.

I went out in qualy and run out of fuel 3 laps from the end, rookie mistake.

Wayne qualified 10th, Jeff 13th and I got 17th out of a field of 39 cars.

Race 1: Jeff pulled into the pit after the formation lap of what suspected to be a head gasket. Wayne finished 7th and me 12th.

Race 2: Wayne finished 9th and I got 12th after nursing a brake issue after 3 laps, lack of pedal pressure

Race 3: Wayne finished 9th and I got 12th after nursing a brake issue after 3 laps, lack of pedal pressure

Wayne best time for the weekend was 1:25.39 in race 3, mine was a 1:28.96 in race 2.

It's really good to see Wayne's 280Z being constantly developed into a top 10 cars, he drove brilliantly too giving it up to the bigger boys on what is a horse power (and brake) track.

Here's a video highlights from my in-car camera

Edited by hmd

A bit grubby back there isn't it. I'd be doing something about the backing plates, either get rid of them or do some cutting and forming to make inlet/exit vents.

I am thinking the same line of thoughts

Here's a brief race report from the Z perspective.

I went out in qualy and run out of fuel 3 laps from the end, rookie mistake.

Wayne qualified 10th, Jeff 13th and I got 17th out of a field of 39 cars.

Race 1: Jeff pulled into the pit after the formation lap of what suspected to be a head gasket. Wayne finished 7th and me 12th.

Race 2: Wayne finished 9th and I got 12th after nursing a brake issue after 3 laps, lack of pedal pressure

Race 3: Wayne finished 9th and I got 12th after nursing a brake issue after 3 laps, lack of pedal pressure

Wayne best time for the weekend was 1:25.39 in race 3, mine was a 1:28.96 in race 2.

It's really good to see Wayne's 280Z being constantly developed into a top 10 cars, he drove brilliantly too giving it up to the bigger boys on what is a horse power (and brake) track.

Here's a video highlights from my in-car camera

That 911 in front, do you know whether this was a 3.2 or 3.0?. Great driving and love that screamer!

unfortunately John Ingham cncelled the logbook, so i have to get it re-logged, but the bigger problem is finding a legal size engine - Lou is doing a high revving 2l ie .3mm o/s, but that was started 15 years ago!!  the original has a hairline crack in the valve relief on the bore on No 1 cylinder. explains why it always pumped out water... found that this time last year  when i was hopinng to have it running by Xmas, so engine is the  big problem (Just excuses!)