Kevin The Postie

George

Meet Kevin.

He's a 1976 Honda CT90 with a few mods. The previous owner styled him after a cafe racer so I guess that makes me a bit of a hipster now...?

It has just undergone a complete resto. Nothing was left untouched on this thing and it includes a newer fully reco'd CT110 engine and basically new everything and I mean everything. The ad read like the guy bought parts from a catalogue and put the bike together from scratch. All this and he rode it around the block once so it has 2km on the clock.

Despite all of the new items it is still a Postie so it's not the most safe and precisely tuned machine on the road. Posties max out at around 80kph so at least I can't get myself in to too much trouble. The idea is to just ride it to the train station and the odd squirt around the local suburbs. Certainly not one for the highways or twisties...

fPuLYko.jpg

G2wSIGt.jpg

3ZKWpJ4.jpg

bvfEefz.jpg

aR42lt0.jpg

• Administrators

Let me see if I've got this correct. You're just about to become a parent and you have bought a motorbike...

haha, a friend at work is going through his mid-life crisis and that's the same guy who bought a 944. He then convinced me to go get a learners license for a motorbike. We got our motorcycle licenses and then all his friends and family are giving him the exact same line about being a father and riding a bike. So he's still not sure if he'll actually ride on the streets now that he's got his license.

Look I can see how dangerous riding a motorcycle is, the guy who used to rebuild rotary's in Ireland was in a wheel chair because he fell off 1, a Suzuki Rotary motorcycle. So he now drives cars.

All these things went through my head also, but at the end of the day you can do yourself a lot of favors by being sensible and cautious of other drivers. It's not going to absolve you of any risks but you'll be a lot better off. My advice to any young fellas would be first drive cars and get a motorcycle license after you've had 10 years to learn how to read other drivers. I can't imagine how dumb I'd have been if I got my motorbike license at 17/18.

Personally I think a Postie bike is a very sensible choice for short journey's around the suburbs. Just my 2 cents.

Let me see if I've got this correct. You're just about to become a parent and you have bought a motorbike...

Believe it or not but Kylie encouraged me to buy it. Shocked, I know.

I can't see myself riding it out in peak hour traffic on King George's Rd or heading out to RNP for a blast. It really is just to commute a couple of k's to the station and you can't argue with running costs when it comes to that. I just paid over $1500 for rego/insurance on the MX5. That's 6 years worth of rego/insurance for the postie.

Believe it or not but Kylie encouraged me to buy it. ...

Yes, and I've watched those stories on the crime channel about wives and ulterior motives.

...  I just paid over $1500 for rego/insurance on the MX5. That's 6 years worth of rego/insurance for the postie.

And just about the bed fee for one day a private hospital.

Great little bike the CT.

I've got one buried in the back of shed that we used to take the Bathurst V8's

Hmm, I got one in the shed too Pete. Maybe some after dinner races next year ????

I quite enjoy riding bikes but I lost my nerve riding on the road after seeing some of my mates get some serious injuries from other driver errors.

• 4 years later...
11 hours ago, Matthew J said:

Hey guys, circling back onto this bike! looks amazing and im trying something similar with my posite. Just wondering where all the wiring around the handlebars is fed to reach the battery? Looks like it might be through the main frame?

Hey Matthew. Have a look at the first and third photos. You can see the wiring feeding into the frame.