Nsw - Historic Vehicle Log Book Trial

GongZ

• Administrators

Mick do you have an L28 block in your 240z? I seem to recall others having issues with what is deemed "light modification".

You're correct about the log book, I checked mine for my 72 240z, I used it 3 times so far in 2016. Granted we live in different states so maybe that's not so bad..

38 days since March 2016 for my log book this year... it's kind of sad really.

- you've got to remember to fill out the log book before you drive, but what's worse is that it makes you realise how little you drive the car I think I've racked up 8 days since April.

• Moderators

The conditional rego has some pros and cons, where the obvious benefit is the cost of rego is significantly cheaper than normal (about $100/yr) and no need to purchase CTP insurance (green slip). Although you do pay club rego fees.

If you don't have a CTP greenslip what happens if you an at fault accident and someone gets injured ? Edited by PB260Z

If you don't have a CTP greenslip what happens if you an at fault accident and someone gets injured ?

Not sure but hopefully more if on the paperwork..

Here's a paragraph from the street machine article:

"the cost in the first year is $120, which includes a one-off fee of $44 for number plates. It also includes an annual $25 administration fee to the ACMC, which is running the Classic Vehicle Scheme on behalf of the government. The annual cost includes Compulsory Third Party insurance (green slip)".

Ive filled in my application for the Sydney Datsun club and waiting on confirmation.

• Moderators

Not sure but hopefully more if on the paperwork..

Here's a paragraph from the street machine article:

"the cost in the first year is $120, which includes a one-off fee of $44 for number plates. It also includes an annual $25 administration fee to the ACMC, which is running the Classic Vehicle Scheme on behalf of the government. The annual cost includes Compulsory Third Party insurance (green slip)".

Ive filled in my application for the Sydney Datsun club and waiting on confirmation.

Thanks, I am thinking about it for the old Chev.

If you don't have a CTP greenslip what happens if you an at fault accident and someone gets injured ?

Yeah, I'm not quite sure how it works but I know the CTP is included as part of the conditional rego fee.

I'm guessing it doesn't have the perks of some CTP insurer policies though. Hopefully I'll never be in a position where I need to find out.

Mick

• Moderators

Yeah, I'm not quite sure how it works but I know the CTP is included as part of the conditional rego fee.

I'm guessing it doesn't have the perks of some CTP insurer policies though. Hopefully I'll never be in a position where I need to find out.

Mick

Agree, hopefully we will never need to know.

Maybe it is just my risk adverse side showing through a bit, in 30+ years have never reason to need what is covered by CTP

Cheers

PB

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE:

The 260Z 2+2 is now on the Classic vehicle Scheme conditional rego..

I'll list in point form the process I went through to make it as straight forward as possible.

1/ Sign up to a ACMC affiliate club recognised by the RMS ( I used Sydney Datsun Club Inc $50/year)
2/ Print out forms 1246 & 1835 linked below
http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/documents/about/forms/45070939-conditional-reg.pdf

http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/documents/about/forms/45072029-classic-vehicle-declaration.pdf

3/ If the vehicle is modified and requires an engineering cert you will need to obtain one (I didn't need one)

4/ Take your vehicle to obtain a blue slip ($63) along with form 1246 (examiner fills out section on pg3) and eng cert if you need one.

5/ Fill out form 1835 and send/email it to you car club.

6/ Form 1835 will need to then be sent to the ACMC for approval, cost is $25 which I paid to SDC who then forwarded the form on my behalf.

7/ Call the RMS to get in contact with your local center to ask if they have conditional plates available (white plate, green writing ending with D)
8/ Print and fill out for 1021, now I didnt need it but take it with you in case.
http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/documents/about/forms/45070212-adjustment-of-records.pdf
9/ Take all the forms, blue slip, old rego form and your old plates if the car is registered into the RMS

10/ They will give you a form to cancel your rego if the vehicle was registered
11/ From here on one of two things will happen: (cost $90)

a/ They would of done all this before and simply go ahead and complete your request

b/ They would of never done it before and call 3 different people over while you try explain it to everyone that this is a new system and these plates are now issued to not only tractors and trailers but classic cars also and to refer to the RMS website for details.

12/ Your issued with new plates, rego, Cert of operation and CTP
13/ Contact your insurer to update your policy to club plates (this saved me just over $200 with shannons!)

The whole process took a few weeks due to forms going back and forth, the RMS was a pain but it got done in the end and the only real disadvantage is the ugly large plates which I can live with considering the money I've saved (rego and CTP was going to cost me over 1k).

I think they did not require form 1021 because they listed the 60 day log book option in the Cert of Operation under "special conditions"
The log book is simply a piece of paper which asks you to list Date, Time, Location, Drivers name, Drivers signature.

Further help in completing the forms can be found here:

http://www.councilofmotorclubs.org.au/images/ACMC/Classic-Vehicle-Scheme(CVS)-Application-Guidelines(V2).pdf

If you have further questions feel free to shoot.

Thanks

John

• Administrators

Damn... I was hoping they would be the same size as 'Historic' plates.

John. Just become a senior citizen and the rego cost you nothing!

Bloody boomers get everything cheap! Houses, classic cars (because they were new in the day), rego etc.. when will the party stop for you guys?

Signed: Disgruntled Gary.

• Moderators

Hi

Are you saying that the classic scheme in NSW is now using conditional plates and not the smaller historics ?.

A mate put his Brockie on the NSW two weeks and they gave him the smaller historic plates.

Cheers

PB

Hi

Are you saying that the classic scheme in NSW is now using conditional plates and not the smaller historics ?.

A mate put his Brockie on the NSW two weeks and they gave him the smaller historic plates.

Cheers

PB

That's correct PB..

I guessing they didn't know about the CVS and just put him on normal log book historic..

Took me 15 mins to convince the staff that CVS and Historic were not the same.

Bloody boomers get everything cheap! Houses, classic cars (because they were new in the day), rego etc.. when will the party stop for you guys?

Signed: Disgruntled Gary.

Tell someone who cares....... and get a haircut.

Peter. The Brockie is probable as they were sold and therefore is regarded as an historic. A modified older car, e.g. my GTO, fits the new 'Classic' scheme. That's how I understand it works. And you could do with a trim as well... In fact anyone reading this post should see the barber in the next week.

Now, where did I leave my medication?

• Moderators

Tell someone who cares....... and get a haircut.

Peter. The Brockie is probable as they were sold and therefore is regarded as an historic. A modified older car, e.g. my GTO, fits the new 'Classic' scheme. That's how I understand it works. And you could do with a trim as well... In fact anyone reading this post should see the barber in the next week.

Now, where did I leave my medication?

Hi

Spoke to owner of the Brock today.

You are correct (how dare I doubt you) the Brock is 100% original and being an '86 VL Group A qualifies for historic.

Cheers

PB

• 2 weeks later...

When I began the logbook trial I was really fussed about being limited to 60 days, and was quite pleased when I realised the 'logbook' was simply a piece of paper that looked relatively easy to forge. It's been almost a year and I've driven it exactly seven times.