Anybody Switched To Powershop?

gav240z

• Administrators

Hi Everyone,

So today there was a good PR gaff that was using the hashtag #coalisamazing

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/australian-coal-advert-backfires-spectacularly-6397338

Which got me thinking about my own power company (Energy Australia), and then I saw this video.

So the claim is that switching to The Power Shop could reduce your power bills by 25-30%.

http://www.powershop.com.au/

I'm wondering if anyone here has made the switch and can back up this claim from their own experience or not?

• Moderators

Hi Mate

If you want to reduce your power bill, maybe consider getting a meter that actual real time consumption.

We got one a few years back and it helped me identify a couple of things that were really chewing the power, made a fe changes and reduced our bill by about 30%. Paid for itself pretty quickly.

http://efergy.com/au/e2-classic#.VfAbKsRkmrU

• Moderators

Change your globes to led will save about 30%

Hi Bruce

Absolutely, like most we had heaps of MR16 Halogens and I did not realise how much power they suck. The meter showed that to be the biggest single issue.

Old school mr 16 are 50 watts vs led at 6 watts that's a big savings in power or 45 watts per hour .if you are paying 30c per kW or 30c per 10000 watt you soon see were by our power is being used. You can run 10 led for same price a one old school globe.I have got all type of globes in stock if you need anything

Old school mr 16 are 50 watts vs led at 6 watts...

I would imagine that LED down-lights are also far less likely to cause a roof space fire too Mr Lightmaster. Do you have any industry insight into this?

Edited by GongZ

• Moderators

Old school mr 16 are 50 watts vs led at 6 watts that's a big savings in power or 45 watts per hour .if you are paying 30c per kW or 30c per 10000 watt you soon see were by our power is being used. You can run 10 led for same price a one old school globe.I have got all type of globes in stock if you need anything

When I re-do the master bedroom & ensuite I will give you a bell, no pun intended, about the best options.

cheers

PB

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators

Just an FYI, I was finally motivated enough to switch over. After reading something about EnergyAustralia being 1 of the worst power companies for GreenHouse emissions.

I'll let you all know if my power bill is also cheaper as a result.