Os24B1

peter mc

• Moderators

Hi Pete

Congratulations on securing the job of building somethng you have wanted to do for so long, must be a great feeling.

I for one I am really looking forward to following the creation of what will undoubtedly be a much followed and admired build project.

Cheers

PB

• Administrators

There are no words to describe how exciting this is to see.

@Peter as a side note, do you have the means to reproduce a cylinder head like this / cast it? I'm not so interested in re-making these as I would be the LY engine heads.

No copy will be made by me ..

Peter

Congratulations Buddy, hope this ends up being publicised across the major publications, your deserve nothing less.

Cheers

John

There are no words to describe how exciting this is to see.

@Peter as a side note, do you have the means to reproduce a cylinder head like this / cast it? I'm not so interested in re-making these as I would be the LY engine heads.

To give you an idea Gav, the first one one cost you in excess of $80k (that was for a 2 valve straight 6). I have a foundry as a client, start saving your pennies!

3d scan it  for for informative purposes Pete. 

Can be expensive, but if you have a contact can be done cost effectively. 

If you were here in SA I could assist/ arrange. 

Especially if you need to make anything if its not serviceable,  or has an element  complexity.

our if there were to be any future failures. (which I doubt if course  ) 

Nat0

It all starts with a good block ..trying to find a block that will go 89 mm or bigger is not a cheep experience now ..i went through 5 this week. To get 1 that will be safe at 89mm perfect for my build as im using a billet 90mm stroke crank . My goal is to crack 400hp on a superflow engine dyno at 8000 rpm .stay tuned

post-101514-0-33357200-1440805184_thumb.jpg

post-101514-0-63040700-1440805208_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

So i have striped it all down .All oil plugs out all water plugs out and all casting marks removed internally next job is to bath it and then clearance the block for the 90mm crank and rods .then its concrete time ..lots going on

Not sure I understand that reference ???

• Administrators

Peter I imagine with a regular L-series head (say P90 for example) you already know what areas to take out and move around, port, tickle etc.. for the optimum flow based on having done so many in the past.

When it comes to a complete unknown such as this engine head, with very few people having even seen 1 or worked on this cylinder head in the past, what approach to do you take to optimise flow? Do you have computer based modeling that you can rely on to help guide you? Or are you flying by the seat of your pants on something like this?

Given how rare the head is, how can you be confident to know where to remove material etc..? Not questioning your skills obviously, rather interested in your approach with such a unique piece?

By the way is the client located in Australia or Japan or somewhere else?