Sign in to follow this  
theremm

Mikuni Solex PHH-2 Questions

Hi guys,

My set of triple 44 mikuni solex's phh-2 arrived today and I noticed that at the opening of the venturi the internal diameter measures 48mm across, and 44mm internal diameter at the butterfly end. All 3 carbs are same and the butterflies are stamped 175.

Is this the same on the later mikuni carbs? Type T, R, S4, S5 etc

What size (width) ram tubes would I need to purchase as a correct fit? I didn't realise that the venturi was flared in such a way.

p.s. first set of triples so go easy on me  :-[ thanks

post-8791-144023809106_thumb.jpg

post-8791-144023809128_thumb.jpg

post-8791-144023809157_thumb.jpg

post-8791-14402380917_thumb.jpg

post-8791-144023809185_thumb.jpg

Ideally a set of ram tubes that have a flange mount, and the ID at mount face matches the ID of the Solex's.

Tapering outwards at the included angle of 11 degrees, (22 degrees total) to a length of 75 mm, with a minimum 10mm radius 180 degree reverse roll.

Ideally.

But, pretty mch anything that bolts on, and is clse to the ID +~- .5mm will be good!

Thanks Jason, I will keep this in mind when looking. Do the venturis on all solex's flare out from one end to the other?

Yes, that's why they flow better than 45mm Webers and the original Sports 2000 ram tubes are about 48mm and flare... I have a set on my 48mm Webers and they fit perfectly!

I think SNewing at EFI hardware does flared ones

Awesome thanks guys, now to decide on an airbox and source replacement carburetor linkages  :'(

Call Lou Mondello.