Who needs beaver?......Panels?

gav240z

• Administrators

Hi Guys,

I'm looking to import several beaver panels to suit a 240z*, this is the lower section of the beaver panel only (below the tail lights).

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

At the moment I'm looking at bringing in between 5-10, I figure there is probably a lot of demand for these.

*260z owners - The rear beaver panel is different, although this technically could be used if you're willing to patch up a few factory holes in the rear beaver panel and possibly smooth out the indented section.

Price will vary from $300 - $350 AUD landed here. + Postage to you. Hard to give a final figure till I know total shipping cost.

If you're interested please just give a +1.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

The 260z rear beaver is a little different, so I guess it depends on your definition of suit. It could be made to work, but given the fact that the supplier still has not got back to me and the fact that the AUD vs USD is in constant decline I'm thinking I might wait to see if Wayne finally makes some.

http://www.viczcar.com/forum/forum/37-automotive-panel-craft/

Otherwise there is motorsport auto, or hand fabricating them. Which will take longer, but I don't think it should be too difficult to replicate these pieces. The only part I'm not sure about is weather you would first give the piece the curvature with a roller and then add the indentation (for 240z / Early S30z's only) and the sections for the bumper + exhaust cut out or if you would do those first and then attempt to roll it.

I think rolling first makes more sense than after.

Just takes a lot more time to fabricate stuff like this, than buying a pre-made panel to fit.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Unfortunately this supplier did not get back to me. I may try again but I'm currently committed to a couple of other purchases. I am hoping that perhaps Wayne will make some soon?

http://www.viczcar.com/forum/topic/13370-automotive-panel-craft-introduction/page-2

If not I'll chase these guys up soon, once I've unpicked my beaver panel to see what it looks like behind etc..

Hi gav, did the rear beaver panel also include the tail light area from Canada? If not I'm hoping Wayne gets on top of this. Definately a gap in the market. I'm interested at the present for this. Don't want to have to find a shell to cut up.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

This may be back on, got in contact with the original supplier and I am thinking of importing around 6 of these (1 for myself). Will give an update soon.

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators

I'm going to import a couple of these. Just finalising payment details and delivery. Freight is not cheap, going by air. Due to limited interest only bringing in a couple at this stage.

• 4 years later...