Early Girl Bingo - With Photos

gav240z

weren't these block shared with other nissan cars at the time? like the lauriel? that would explain some of the gaps

It will have accounted for some of it, but the main reason we can't follow it all in a linear fashion is that L24 engine blocks had one set of serial numbers but the cars they were fitted to had their own sets of serial numbers. So HS30-prefixed Zs and HLS30-prefixed Zs made from 1969 through 1973 had separate runs of body serial numbers, but shared one sequence of engine serial numbers...    

Lurch, I wont take offence as I'm very thick skinned, but it was a very serious motor that was way beyond my driving abilities then and prob now, and at the time cost me big dollars. I will attempt to find the build sheet at some point if you like.

As for engine number sequence, I have 1985 Skyline hatch that has the injected L24, No L24662496. at what point did they stop making L24's.

Sorry if I have overstepped the mark as a newbie.

Lurch, I wont take offence as I'm very thick skinned, 

Yes don't take it personally, he's just blunt like that.

Sorry if I have overstepped the mark as a newbie.

Of course you haven't, why would you have, welcome to the forum! Good to hear you've been a long time Z owner and interesting to hear about these cars of yours you have stashed away.

Yes. SST Automotive was his business in East Vic Park Perth. No idea if he is still around or who took over from him. At the time he was fitting anything Nissan to a Z. I do remember an Infiniti V8 powered Z in his workshop. At the time I think his car had a Rb26DETT in it and held some record at the Wanneroo Track

Good question. The '73 was not driven at all in 98 because of business commitments. Contemplating what to do with it mechanically when wife came in to say that we were expecting triplets (no joke) Quickly realised 2 seat sports car was not going to be of much use so left parked. Those boys are now nearly 19 so now i have some time. Chassis 100, I really dont know what I'm doing as it will require a lot more time. Hopefully get the "73 one looked at soon by me and one keen son

• 3 weeks later...

"HS30 00415
Colour: 907 Green originally. Repainted 905 red.
Previously owned by Stavros240, sold on to Smugley who sold it to a guy named Rex, who is selling again.
Info from Stavros."

I just watched the "Porsche, Datsun and Ferrari? Barnfind" Youtube video  byHome Built By Jeff.
As of late December 2017 this car is with Zac.
Skip to 3m28s.

Edited by GongZ

• Administrators

I keep thinking we should change this thread to any HS30 bingo. :) Since I've started recording all HS30's I can find anyway.

RE: #616 I have details about #614 and #618 which had L24-031415 but I don't know what colours they were. I must have got the info off the W.A Z Cars registrar because I have no photos of either car.

It appears #615 was 903 Blue, which is quite a rare colour on HS30's

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Looks fantastic!

For me the chrome and stainless highlight the body lines. That's the only thing I'd change on it

I'd change the seats, the wheels, the accuracy of the livery etc.. but yes I always do like the works style rally cars..I'd call this more of a tribute than a replica.