Sydney Meet - Ideas

George

I can see the sun shining and that can only mean one thing... Hopefully we'll even get a Datsun to turn up!  :o

Is everyone happy to just grab a hamburger one Sunday arvo and chew the fat for a bit?

If you have other suggestions please post them.

Also happy to hear suggestions for location and date. I'll throw something up just to get the ball rolling.

Sunday August 16

@ Excelsior Jones at Ashfield (kind of central to everyone) http://www.au.timeout.com/sydney/restaurants/venues/5900/excelsior-jones

or

@ Out of the Blue at Clovelly followed by a nice coastal drive (parking might be a small issue on Sunday arvo) http://www.au.timeout.com/sydney/restaurants/venues/3144/out-of-the-blue

Hey guys im in and happy to bring the z out and meet everyone  for the first time, hopefully no rain and safe parking is a must for the z lolll

also just another suggestions for other places with plenty parking wether its at night or a meeting point for a day cruise, harrys cafe d wheels liverpool. theres also a wood fired pizza place, donuts etc..

cheers George.

Is everyone happy to just grab a hamburger one Sunday arvo and chew the fat for a bit?

Are your suggestions for the venue known for their chewy, fatty hamburgers?  :P

I would like to attend and I can bring my 240Z('s number plates)!

• Moderators

Always keen for a catch up, it's been a while.

The Z will be in Sydney, but won't be registered by then so I will probably bring the old Chevy.

Cheers

PB

• Moderators

Peter how are you getting the 260z back to Sydney?

Gidday Gav

Driving down next Friday with a car trailer and driving back on the Sunday.

May even have a beer or two at the Yaragon Hotel.

Cheers

PB

Parking is always an issue with these nicer restaurants as they tend to be located in the more densely populated inner city suburbs. We would struggle to find parking within sight at the Clovely one. The Ashfield one is more suburban and will offer more parking but again will be mostly out of sight.

The other option, as has been mentioned, is one of the Harry's Cafes such as Liverpool which has plenty of parking so bonnets can go up. ;) The trade off is the food is not as nice but if we're not all precious about wolfing down some greasy hamburgers then that would be the best choice and it is fairly central.

As for time, is midday good for everyone?

• Moderators

I am good with Harry's parking is pretty good as well.

Harry's Parramatta is even better for parking and is arguably more the geographic centre of Sydney.

I am good with Harry's parking is pretty good as well.

Harry's Parramatta is even better for parking and is arguably more the geographic centre of Sydney.

Never been to that one. Sounds like a perfect opportunity to check it out though. Everyone OK with Parramatta?

Im happy with either or, Harry's Liverpool is about 2 minutes from my house. The food is average there, but there is plenty of parking.

I think we are due for another good cruise and drive, what about a run up the blue mountains? stop at perhaps Katoomba? somewhere like a nice pub for lunch?

Rudi

• Moderators

Im happy with either or, Harry's Liverpool is about 2 minutes from my house. The food is average there, but there is plenty of parking.

I think we are due for another good cruise and drive, what about a run up the blue mountains? stop at perhaps Katoomba? somewhere like a nice pub for lunch?

Rudi

Sounds like a good idea, but my Z won't be ready  :(

Can we put that down as a potential idea for later in the year ?

Cheers

PB

the only problem with harrrys parra is you wont be able to drive the z up in that parking cause the driveway is steep and if your z is low, your gonna rip that front..  thats if you guys only wanna chill, however if we going for a cruise then as a meeting point its fine and head off for a drive to another place . the time and date is fine for me aswell.