My '73 240Z from Zimbabwe

• 2 weeks later...

As a matter of interest, there were no marks to show that this car ever had door mirrors.  Earlier on in the post, we were discussing the UK spec cars and mirror positioning.  This was definitely a UK delivered car with wing mirrors.

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a while since I updated, so I thought I'd get around to it.  The parts arrived from the USA, and all parts are back from plating, powdercoating etc.  Assembly has begun and this is where we were at on Friday last week.  Two weeks to deadline, and the ship loading,  its going to be tight!

Ceramic coated the headers as well, makes a huge difference once when you open the bonnet.  

IMG_4819_zpsvb4nrot7.jpg

IMG_4815_zpszcgw0ciw.jpg

IMG_4821_zpscs7jw0rt.jpg

IMG_4823_zpsaycdatjg.jpg

IMG_4816_zpsj44sv3yf.jpg

• Moderators

Hi,

Your car is looking amazing, such a high quality rebuild.

Looks like there is a set of Splash Guards in one of those photo's.

I will be interested in your thoughts on the quality and fit as I am thinking of getting some for my car.

Cheers

PB

Looks superb..

So how many zeds can we shove in a shipping container and send them over to SA ?...

I also admire the aussie owned mustang resto shop in Thailand that turns out top shelf cars...maybe I can ask them to give my zed a makeover .

Hahaha, thanks guys!  2 Zeds in a 40ft container, lol.

I bought all of the parts from the Z Store in the USA, I'm sure most of you have used them, and i hear the parts are good.  The parts I bought for the '71 (Andrews car in Sydney)  were from Z Car Source, and they were also OK.  On Andrews recommendation, I switched suppliers lol.

This is the part of the build that becomes frustrating.  All the small fiddley bits that you have to do before you can fit the big parts.  It makes it look as though there is very little progress going on and the project seems stalled.  Anyway, dash and carpets are in, and all mechanicals should be done by the end of the week.

IMG_4868_zpssf6jc2xs.jpg

IMG_4870_zpsnwf4jr7s.jpg

Are you going to sell this one mate?? Looks very tidy

As I said earlier, I'd like to keep her which is why I'm going all out to do a great job.  Business priorities may force me to sell though.  If I do sell, she's not going to be cheap  8)

Are they new carpets or the original ones? Where did you purchase from? Need a new set myself but I don't know where to look!!

I had my trimmer in South Africa make up and fit a set, he's good, and I trust he will have done a good job.  I have kept the original set as well.

I had my trimmer in South Africa make up and fit a set, he's good, and I trust he will have done a good job.  I have kept the original set as well.

What sort of price would we be looking at to produce a few more ? If there was interest I wouldn't mind getting a set sent internationally!

• Administrators

What sort of price would we be looking at to produce a few more ? If there was interest I wouldn't mind getting a set sent internationally!

If it helps, I have a set of what I believe are original carpets in my car (HS30 00150), I would be willing to lend them out to have them copied. Provided it can be guarantee'd they will be returned. I'm not 100% sure they are original, but I suspect they are.

Only issue is that they are cut pile, as loop pile material isn't available in South Africa.  If you're OK with that, I can ask for a price on a second set.