Sign in to follow this  
twoforty z

Engine bay bling

hey guys,

I have been working on the Datto recently but work has stalled while I wait for parts etc so I've been thinking about ways of blinging up the engine bay a bit.

I have a RB20det silver top that I want to appear "old school" and I thought the best way to do that was chrome bits and pieces.

So Im going to polish the rocker covers, install a polished radiator overflow and a polished oil catch can.

Has anybody found an aftermarket window washer bottle? all the ones i can find dont look like they would fit.

Any other ideas on things I can do do bling up my engine bay?

feel free to post up pictures of your own engine bay!

I've seen one that had fake plug leads going to the coil covers so it looked like an S20.

Gordo,

I was hoping someone else would ask to save me the potential embarrassment - but no-one has.  :(

What the heck were you doing with the wooden bits in there?

Haha. Good question.  I was starting the build on this zed. Tha annual Viczed BBQ was coming up and I thought it would be good to have some bling ( talking point) about the engine. It only took a few hours to put together.

Was funny to watch people do a double take. And at a glance some didn't notice. Lol. I even got comments , so you have the engine in now.  But yer, just a bit of fun for the BBQ show and shine.

as a Joiner I appreciate timber anywhere...I've really had to restrain myself from turning the interior of my 240z into looking like a log cabin

as a Joiner I appreciate timber anywhere...I've really had to restrain myself from turning the interior of my 240z into looking like a log cabin

Like so ?

post-3930-144023808882_thumb.jpg