Weber 38 DGMS Down Draft on L28

oldmates260z

While I would like triples.....I have always preferred a simpler set up and not happy with the existing twin SU's.

Thinking of putting a down draft Weber 38 DGMS on my L28 with a P54 block and N42 and a 72 degree cam....

Using a standard 240K intake manifold and a adaptor.

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated  :)

Unfortunately I can't offer any feedback , as I haven't used these , but I would say give it a go :)

The purists will be shaking their heads , but it's your car not theirs. And many people seem to be happy with the change.

I've had Su's and Triples and both had their advantages and disadvantages. Just in the process of installing a Clifford manifold and Edelbrock 4bl ( just for something different ) , but shhhhh don't tell anyone. Lol

I'm sure you have checked other forums, mixed opinions. Would love to hear you're feedback if you do.

I had twin SU's on a very worked L18 in my 1600 (510), went well but when I put in the original factory carbie (pre pollution) it went like a rocket. On top of that went from 20mpg to 30mpg.

Mine is using a heap of fuel and just does not have the get up and go that I know that it should. It may just be my SU's on this engine as my son's 260 runs better with his SU's.

If there was a good mob in Brisbane that could get the best out of them, I would have another go as I would like to keep it more original.

Hey Oldmates260z ,

Your SU's sound like my old units ( currently sitting in the shed ). I got better milage from the triples.  :o

In hindsight, if I'd known what the total cost of a 4 barrel setup was going to be, I'd have gotten Z Therapy to do my carbs. You live, you learn :)

I've started a topic looking for someone who has used an Australian company to refurbish their carbs. I would be over the moon if there was someone in Brisbane. Let me know if you find someone locally.

Cheer's

Robert

In hindsight, if I'd known what the total cost of a 4 barrel setup was going to be, I'd have gotten Z Therapy to do my carbs. You live, you learn :)

Hi Robert

Not sure what you mean by this? Are you saying the 4 barrel would have been a good option?

The 38 DGMS is only a 2 barrel, will cost me about $485, $55 for adaptor and $50 for the air filter and I can use a standard Datsun intake

Cheers

Tim

Hi Robert

Not sure what you mean by this? Are you saying the 4 barrel would have been a good option?

The 38 DGMS is only a 2 barrel, will cost me about $485, $55 for adaptor and $50 for the air filter and I can use a standard Datsun intake

Cheers

Tim

Hi Tim ,

Sorry, my statement was about as clear as mud  :)

I should have said.... For the same cost ( if not less ) you may be able to find someone locally ( Australia at least ) who could service your SU's.

But, with that said, I personally love exploring different ideas. You never know where you'll end up. And as you said, it's something to add to the Zed knowledge bank  :)