Difference between 240 and 260 front hubs

KatoKid

Ive done the obligatory search so stow the flamethrowers....

I'm struggling with brake conversions and no one seems to know the difference between the 240 and 260 hubs in regards to the position of the wheel mounting flange.....

This thread deals with discs and hat heights: http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php?topic=168.5;wap2 and states in regards to discs:

Stock 240z is 271mm 12.7mm thick (solid) 52mm hat and 81mm centre

260z is 271mm, 12.7mm 43.5mm hat and 81mm centre

Does this mean that the 260 wheel mounting flange is 8.5mm further outboard than a 240? Or is the 260 wheel mounting flange in the same place as the 240 and just the disc height is different?

Reason I ask is that Ive got 16 x 8 zero offset wheels and I dont want to push them any further outboard by using 260 hubs...if they are differnt to 240's that is!

Thanks.

David

• Moderators

I think they are the same only difference is in the disc hat height. Hub casting is different to suit the offset of the disc to face where the wheel mounts to if you know what I mean?

...Does this mean that the 260 wheel mounting flange is 8.5mm further outboard than a 240? Or is the 260 wheel mounting flange in the same place as the 240 and just the disc height is different?...

To install the ArizonaZ Wilwood kit you need the 260Z hubs. As I understood it, the 260Z hubs position the rotors central to the callipers. If that's correct, it would follow that the difference in the two hubs is the location of the wheel flange face.

Thanks all.....and that's precisely the confusing message Ive read in all the other posts, no disrespect to anyone intended as I can see why its confusing. Think I'm leaning towards Mike and Dimitri (sorry Pete) but ultimately I'm going to have to get some 260 hubs and measure up to be 100% sure!

Dimitri, I'm thinking I'm going to have to go with Gerhard's Z32 conversion for various reason which I will explain when I get more info. Are you sure his conversion uses Mustang (DBA106) discs as according to the DBA catalogue they are a hub and disc combined?

Thanks Mike......trying to avoid pushing them further out to avoid rubbing on the guard. I'm keen to stay with 240 struts/hubs as I know my wheels will fit compared to 260 struts with the lower spring perch height.

If the 260 hub wheel mounting flange is in the same position as the 240 then Ive no issues with juggling hat heights to make the brakes work.

Wheel offset is exactly the same for 240 and 260

260 is the better option when building big brake kits for them as they push the disk further away from the rear of the wheel face allowing more room for big calipers. Or saying the same thing in a different way it moves the disk further inwards while maintiaining the same wheel offset/location.

The position of the disc and where you bolt on the wheel are ONLY the same if you use 240z disc with 240z hub and 260z disc with 260z hub. If you are thinking of going with differnt rotor I.e. Bigger brake kit then they will make a difference.