240Z Racer - Back On Track

TomC18

Hey Tom, can you post some pics on how your front lip is mounted to the lower half of your g-nose please?

The spoiler had screws around the front and sat on the sway bad at the rear, but was moving too much and hitting the track

So Trackart fabricated a bracket that hangs on the front radiator mount - very solid, but also extra 7kgs

see pics

post-104079-0-48852800-1474170988_thumb.jpg

post-104079-0-15292300-1474171004_thumb.jpg

post-104079-0-66096900-1474171025_thumb.jpg

post-104079-0-48719300-1474171040_thumb.jpg

Please explain what's going on hear?

Adding oil, hmm wonder where that went... loose oil filter spat only a litre or so out onto right rear tyre and had big spin going through Stonier at 180kph

missed everything - have video but need lessons on how to load...

Yowsers, would've been a brown pants moment Tom! Lol. Good to hear no damage was done.

I've seen people put a large hose clamp on the filter and lock wire it back to the engine mount. The K&N oil filters have provision for lock wiring built on the end of the filters. It's going to the top of my to do list!

Wow brown trousers moment. Uploaded it to Youtube for ya.

Thanks - i haven't set up an account

the armco on the inside certainly got my attention for the first quarter second.... then I realised I missed it.  car was still running as i had hit the clutch and brakes and i almost drove off until i saw a big puddle of oil on the floor (leaky firewall) and thought better to switch off. oil pressure was still good.

trying to trim the inside view to a reasonable size as it kept running for 10 mins... then will load

Yep that looked reasonably terrifying.

Now excuse the Newb question but what do you do with tyres that have been flat spotted? Are they throw aways? Or can you drive the flat spots out?

I have heard of people doing big burnout to get them round again. As well as having them "turned down" that's probably not the right terminology though. Are these just wives tales or what?

I'm interested because I have 2 flat spotted RE11 semis from a heart stopping moment on turn 1 @ EC not so long ago.

Mr Virtual assumes that each sector times are independent of each other.

Sometimes you have to sacrifice speed from one corner to get better traction for a long straight, so may have a slower sector time in one sector to get a better sector time in the next sector.