Ferrari 250GTO replica / 1975 260z

AussieZed

• Administrators

But isn't the point of a replica the fact that you could daily driver it and not worry about destroying a multi-million dollar car?

But isn't the point of a replica the fact that you could daily driver it and not worry about destroying a multi-million dollar car?

That is why quite a few well monied owners of original GTO's get, quietly, a "toolroom" replica made of their original.

The replica may just only cost $3-5 million, so it doesn't matter if it gets a bit bent when they, or their mates, punt it around Goodwood or Laguna.

There was a fibreglassing shop in Sydney, GS Bdies, Planthurst St Carlton ( St George/Kogarah area) that had lots and lots of bdy moulds for all kinds of road cars, as well as race cars, and a full set of GTO moulds.

Like I said,,, Was!

I have seen this car and am happy to reply to pms who require more detail. In short here the car is nice but has some issues with rust (drivers floorpan, hatch) and cracking between the kit and the steel.

Good bloke to deal with...

Cheers Ross

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck to him if he got that sort of money. Photos must have been taken at different times or he has his 2 cars mixed up. Different seats, breathers on valve cover, linkage pivot on one engine upside down leaving the linkage away from the firewall. In fact one has a heat shield on the firewall. Oil caps, hose colours and the list goes on.

Just goes to show that there are buyers out there for all configurations of the desirable Zed car.

Back to working on mine so I can put it on the market later in the year. :)

David.

• Administrators

It is 1 of the better looking re-creations I've seen. $100K is probably reasonable considering what the real deal costs now...

Ross' GTO has sold and is heading to Toowoomba.

I looked at this car myself and gave it very serious consideration but some issues evident with too many questions unanswered left me unable to commit.

I hope all goes well for new owner - known if member here ?? I would really be interested in follow up re. reregistration/roadworthy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

When a Fairlady Z-L costs $50k.

http://page4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d168316719

and Sydney dog boxes (I mean houses) cost 1.7M why are you surprised?

http://www.macrobusiness.com.au/2015/06/one-day-in-the-life-of-a-sydney-beijing-auction/

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Go on spoil yourself...

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/ferrari/auction-886140308.htm

1962 styled bodied GTO Ferrari

Alloy body , original style chassis, 1968 Ferrari V12 engine, 5 speed gearbox, and diff. Original Alloy Borrani wire wheels, original instruments, Leather seats.

Built by Rod Tempero

Go on spoil yourself...

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/ferrari/auction-886140308.htm

1962 styled bodied GTO Ferrari

Alloy body , original style chassis, 1968 Ferrari V12 engine, 5 speed gearbox, and diff. Original Alloy Borrani wire wheels, original instruments, Leather seats.

Built by Rod Tempero

Why not buy 2 :) this thing is incredible I watched that youtube clip over n over...........

I have wondered what Rod charges for his cars. I'm just a bit short of affording one...

I also wonder what Ferrari think of it as well. They have destroyed replicas in the past but Rod's cars are a work of art.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This appears to be a classic case highlighting my concern with buying a built GTO verses building one yourself.

The rust here would probably have been obvious to an experienced eye but the buyer apparently wasn’t aware.

This will end in tears.

Pity, as it appears it was once quite a good car.

NB. Ignore the ill informed 280/240-260 door discussions

Edited by PeterAllen