New car wrap

jthompson165

After fixing all the rust and any exterior issues I've decided to give my car a new colour.

Ive gone with a Brushed steel texture. Luckily my dad does these kind of things as a job so Im pretty confident in my new assignment.

Ive already done the bonnet as well as the scoop, both fenders and front light brackets.

Hopefully its gone turn out nice and clean!!!

post-10306-144023786438_thumb.jpg

post-10306-144023786447_thumb.jpg

But an expensive one Gav.

I was quoted $2500 at mate's rates for the race car, I'm getting a cheap paint job in white instead......

Also the surface has to be pretty good to get a good result with the vynal. Like paintwork, preparation is important.

I get quite a few of my clients cars wrapped.

It starts around $2500 and goes from there to have it done properly.

cowboys will do it cheaper but you will find it wont last long as they wont remove anything and tuck the wrap between components and just cut it there.

This causes the wrap to fail quickly due to the leading edges being open to wind and debris and will soon start pealing.

What type of finish can they do? Can you get the "painted" look or are they a texture finish?

Any idea long term effect of the paint and panel underneath?

If done properly none at all.

We just had a complete wrap removed from a Maserati after being wrapped from delivery and 3 years later the paint looked new after a polish.

• Moderators

What type of finish can they do? Can you get the "painted" look or are they a texture finish?

Any idea long term effect of the paint and panel underneath?

all kinds of effects can be done. 3M have Carbon Fibre look Commodore at head office

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_EU/3MGraphics/GraphicSolutions/Applications/CarWrapping/

As previously said, if done properly will have minimal impact on the surface below.

I get quite a few of my clients cars wrapped.

It starts around $2500 and goes from there to have it done properly.

cowboys will do it cheaper but you will find it wont last long as they wont remove anything and tuck the wrap between components and just cut it there.

This causes the wrap to fail quickly due to the leading edges being open to wind and debris and will soon start pealing.

No cowboys with my guy probably one of the most experienced guys in Australia and he does me favors! (also happens to be my brother!) and can do a professional wrap like he does on 100K+ cars as private jobs for very competitive pricing!