Shockers

zzzzed

I have KYB AGX 4 way adjustables on my car. They're a slightly shorter shock from a Z31 300zx, so great for lower springs. Not sure of the valving on them but they have been faultless on 340lb springs.

Got them from Baz at Datsport. They were cheaper than Koni yellows and he recommended them as being a good shock.

There's a detailed shock thread on HybridZ, there's a few racers going for Bilstiens from a VW. They're very well priced too.

New struts will need springs and bump stops to match, maybe strut tops too. Even koni struts need to be re-valved if you want to run decent spring rates ~350lbs. So $1k suspension not $1k?

The triangle strikes again!

400px-Project_Triangle.svg.png

Don't even think about Monroe Mick. I think Lurch was being sarcastic. I had them in my zed years ago and they lasted only 6 months.  After that they were totally shot.

I then changed them over to Koni Red which were excellent ($700 for all 4) but not externally adjustable. 

I now have the Tokico illuminas in mine which are externally adjustable and are pretty good.  You can get them off ebay in the US for way less than $1k.  You can come and see how they ride in my zed with Kings lows if you want.

My point was how far do you need to go with it? If you are doing struts you are going to want to do springs and maybe strut tops if they are old too. It's the little things that add up.

Don't even think about Monroe Mick. I think Lurch was being sarcastic. I had them in my zed years ago and they lasted only 6 months.  After that they were totally shot.

I then changed them over to Koni Red which were excellent ($700 for all 4) but not externally adjustable. 

I now have the Tokico illuminas in mine which are externally adjustable and are pretty good.  You can get them off ebay in the US for way less than $1k.  You can come and see how they ride in my zed with Kings lows if you want.

Thanx Roberto I will look them up

My point was how far do you need to go with it? If you are doing struts you are going to want to do springs and maybe strut tops if they are old too. It's the little things that add up.

At this stage it will be a road car that gets occasional track use

I plan to get a shit box r32 in the future I can turn in to a dedicated track car.

Something I can thrash and not care to much about it