1975 260Z Coupe *complete*rolling *sold*

r8edz

Model: 1975 Datsun 260z Coupe
Price and Payment Conditions: $7000, open to offers
Item Condition: Very good (Restoration work in progress), complete car in pieces.
Body: Overall the body is in very good condition, major rust areas have been cut out and replaced with new steel, some panel beating necessary on the front left fender, rear right fender and on the roof. The car had a sunroof however a piece of shaped new steel has been welded in its place, looks very good however it need a little bit of adjustment to get it looking right. The floor is in fairly good condition on the drivers side, on the passengers side the floor needs some attention. All the panels are there including two new door skins.
Mechanical: Rolling shell
Engineers Certificate: N/A
Extra Info: The zed was bought running roughly 10 years ago, worked on it for a while then it went
into storage. Had rust in usual spots, much of the hard work done, just needs floorpan sorted and some minor
body adjustments/repairs (rear right fender and passenger front left). Would suit somebody looking to restore
a classic zed (sandblast, paint, re-trim interior etc). I don't have the time nor resources to continue the project, hoping somebody will be
able to finish her off and put her back onto the road.

Comes with new rubber kit (worth about $780) and new center console, two engines (L28's, I believe different blocks) and two manual gearboxes, complete car with interior and exterior components.

For more images and details check out my bros thread: http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,14155.0.html

Contact Details: PM

The 260 before it was taken apart:                                    Car at the moment:
ELv4IMc.jpg    thmbeSt.jpg
yAhydzc.jpg    N5w2qxY.jpg
iImdPfI.jpg    EEvGH2N.jpg
KqzSWgj.jpg    iXzthIN.jpg
kHbZg74.jpg    tiEDOUe.jpg
JhYfiMS.jpg    1jJgeLQ.jpg

Edited by r8edz

• Administrators

I'm going to be a nagging nancy here and say please list a price. Start higher if you must and adjust from there if you don't get much interest.

I've forgotten some details so have made changes to the original post, summary; comes with two L28s and two manual gearboxes, new center console and have listed a price. The rotisserie is also up for sale if anybody is interested.

There you go JSpittle, might be just the right one for you!

Get on to the vendor quickly & find out more about it ASAP.

As with any car, check it out carefully.

The best thing is that it's complete, plus spares.

If rust repairs have been done then hopefully the vendor has documented those.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

If i had room for it i would have bought this already, as well as a $750 240z rolling shell that was for sale in seven hills about a year ago, and there was the $1000 complete 2+2 in northern beaches that a widow was selling...........

I seriously need to build my double garage, put in 2 hoists so i can buy 3 more zeds that will take another 12 years to build...........

Out of interest - what's the colour code on this one? It's that funny wine-red metallic right?

Quite like it for a 260.

I painted my 2+2 pretty close to this colour it came out about 1990-95 on the Toyota Supra, it was only new then so I had to get the code from a new car I was test driving as the parts department would not give me the code, sorry don't know what it is now, but it should be on paint books now, it was not then.

1994_Toyota_Supra_Twin_Turbo_For_Sale_Fr

Edited by Patch

7k is the new asking price. 

I am not sure what the colour code is, however underneath the red paint it's green (interior shots show this colour) so it's basically had a repaint in the red at some point. The paint is not metallic, just a glossy type of basic red. I personally like the red although after looking at a bunch of options I decided that if I was to go ahead with the project then opal white with black details would be my choice, the car below is what inspired that choice.

p7YWlsp.jpg?1

Edited by r8edz