Blue Mountains new member

Hi! I finally 2 yrs ago bought the Z car I lusted over as a kid washing cars at the local Datsun centre in the mid 70's. It's a 1973 240z which I haven't actually driven yet but hope to have it on the road within the next few weeks. Sat up for a few hours last night sifting through some really interesting threads so look forward to more reading and hope to eventually find some guidance on how to fix my electronic central locking.... don't understand why it was fitted in the first place?!

• Administrators

Welcome, no idea about your central locking woes, but it should be relatively easy to remove it.

Show up some photos of your new dream car.

Thank you,  yes my preference is to remove it but need to determine what mechanism has been left in the doors as the pull up buttons are simply sitting in their holes connected to nothing! I of course have plenty of picks but first need to check file size regs before posting.

• Administrators

Looks good, this thing wasn't sitting down at Stewart Wilkins workshop the other week was it? Seem to recall a 240z with stripes down there.

• Administrators

Yeah I saw it when I dropped an L-block down to him, I remember seeing it and thinking it looks pretty original. Still has stock side mirror etc..

• 3 weeks later...

Hello TDoherty,

Welcome to the forum, I think I remember seeing your car when it was for sale thinking now that's a nice car but wasn't in a position to steel it from you lol.

The aftermarket central locking systems normally only have a motor drive or solenoid that uses a linkage that is clamped to the locking leaver to lock or unlock the lock. Should be very simple to remove as there shouldn't be any difference in the original locking system.

Justin

• Moderators

ALL. Where are those NSW meets happen?.

Last one was Northside in January this year. We are due for a western, maybe Bells Line or Putty, possibly in June or July.

Ther is a is Sydney events section of the forum.

http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/board,130.0.html

Been away in Sth Africa for a few weeks holiday so only now catching up on things...thanks for the welcome and yes I will look out for the Sydney drives!

Still sorting out the locking, hope to have it returned to standard key locking this weekend as I am off to Targa Tasmania next Friday!