Sign in to follow this  
PeterAllen

How do you install brake hose clips?

Ive always seen them mounted over the top. But now looking at it,i cant see why i cannot mount inside aswell..

they go on top, the bend you see in the clip holds tension on the hose to keep it secure within the clip.  The hose goes up through the the hole the nut on the hose is located into the bottom to stop it rotating, the clip goes exactly how you have it in the pic

similar to this

post-2704-144023783312_thumb.jpg

That's what I thought, but it doesn't seem to work. I threw away the OEM Datsum hoses years ago and I'm inclined to think the Wilwood (Arizona Z kit) hose have the groove at a different spacing...

Brake%20Hose%20clips%202s_zpsa4sbeksw.jpg

On the opposite side of the clip (to your most recent shot above) - make sure that the fitting has slipped into the star shaped grooves properly, so that there is ample room where you are struggling to fit the clip. Hopefully that makes sense! (can take a photo later if it doesn't)

... Hopefully that makes sense!...

It does, and I was careful to ensure it was located correctly. Thanks.

Success... I just needed to eat more spinach. The car's underside was painted with 2 pak and later with anti-stonechip. Although I was careful to mask-off areas from the anti-stonechip where items were attached to the underside, e.g. suspension, brake lines, etc., the 2 pak must be much thicker than the OEM paint.

It does, and I was careful to ensure it was located correctly. Thanks.

Success... I just needed to eat more spinach. The car's underside was painted with 2 pak and later with anti-stonechip. Although I was careful to mask-off areas from the anti-stonechip where items were attached to the underside, e.g. suspension, brake lines, etc., the 2 pak must be much thicker than the OEM paint.

;D