Sign in to follow this  
oldmates260z

New Auto Parts . com

I sent them an email, going to see what they have to say about various part no.s and availability. I suspect their website returns the inventory thanks to a valid part no. but once you place the order you'll be informed parts are NLA etc..

Will see what they say though...

In their FAQs:

In some instances when new original Nissan parts and accessories are discontinued and are no longer available from Nissan, we are able to offer aftermarket parts and accessories from more than 300 after market manufacturers. However, we'll contact you if you've tried to order a discontinued part and let you know your options before we put anything in a box and ship it to you.

I sent them an email, going to see what they have to say about various part no.s and availability. I suspect their website returns the inventory thanks to a valid part no. but once you place the order you'll be informed parts are NLA etc..

Will see what they say though...

I have done the same on some Sports parts but had trouble with the email as it kept bouncing back, which email did you use?

Called them this morning and the guy said they have just received the listing for Nissan parts and was quite surprised that they would have parts for 1960-1970 Datsun. Sounds like they have just loaded a Nissan parts catalogue onto their site and have no idea what they have access to yet.

So I have a direct contact now that I have emailed a list of parts to which are on their site with a price and I can add into my "Cart".

See how it goes...... :P

Sounds about right, I was surprised they had these items readily available. Everywhere else I've tried returned no stock for same part no's.

As you mentioned Gav, they did not have the harder to get parts but they did have some parts I could not get here.

Suggest if you are looking for a part go to the following on line parts manual and search for part number you need and then see if they have it:

http://www.carpartsmanual.com/datsunS30/DatsunZIndex.aspx

Good to know, so if the site returns a positive for a part no. that means they may not have it?

For part no's you can also find them using these PDFs.

http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,12812.msg159366.html#msg159366

Good to know, so if the site returns a positive for a part no. that means they may not have it?

I gave him numbers that had a positive result, he checked with Nissan and if they did NOT have it he then updated the site to say it was not available. You will always have to check I am guessing.