Lime Green 1972 240z.... Project deadline NDN15 (hopefully)

zed74

Must say that I've found my incar videos very useful, particularly the ones where there are other cars around you. Sit back in front of the puter with a beer and see where time is made up and lost compared to others plus lots of other useful and sometimes fun info. Any reason why you MP blokes don't use them Richard Jnr?

Recently looked at the one where the Silver Fox ran off at Hungry, bloomin heck was he hauling round the back under the bridge. Damn shame he went off because he was heading for a PB for sure.

Must say that I've found my incar videos very useful, particularly the ones where there are other cars around you. Sit back in front of the puter with a beer and see where time is made up and lost compared to others plus lots of other useful and sometimes fun info. Any reason why you MP blokes don't use them Richard Jnr?

Recently looked at the one where the Silver Fox ran off at Hungry, bloomin heck was he hauling round the back under the bridge. Damn shame he went off because he was heading for a PB for sure.

Hi Richard SNR,

I agree they are very useful & something most people should do more of...

At the last 2 MP events last year, David Robertson did setup a Go-Pro on various cars & we have some great footage!

Will see if we can upload some onto Youtube & then post link to give everyone a laugh... :)

The silver fox was on a hot one on that occasion - think the fact he had such as "high speed off" it scared him into retirement! ;)

Always interested in Zed incar vids Richard, stick em up. As for the SF, he just got the line a bit wrong at Hungry I reckon, for those of us who have lost a bit of brain processing power over time but the right foot is still good then then there is an awful lot happening around that part of the track.

• 2 weeks later...

A question for my "learned zed" members...

Should I reinstate the ZG nose on the car....???

It looked quite unique when it was on it & I must admit I am still pondering if the ZG flares can be used without the nose..?

Help me out guys with some healthy debate on the subject of ZG's - " can you have the flares without the nose!"

A question for my "learned zed" members...

Should I reinstate the ZG nose on the car....???

It looked quite unique when it was on it & I must admit I am still pondering if the ZG flares can be used without the nose..?

Help me out guys with some healthy debate on the subject of ZG's - " can you have the flares without the nose!"

Seeing that the ZG nose and flares were together a factory aero improvement package, definitely go for the lot Richard. Looks great and it works, what's not to like.

Can you see it running at Eastern Creek, Bathurst or Phillip aisland in the near future?

And,

How much more weight do the components add?

In full race trim (incl. race motor) will be a few years Jason...so hitting Eastern Ck/PI/Bathurst would be the role of my Blue Tarmac car ATM.

Think the weight is marginal if you buy quality parts.

I have a long promised $30k+ Kitchen Reno to deliver before April 2015 for my long suffering wife...can finally deliver now we have some private school fees behind us! :)

Seeing that the ZG nose and flares were together a factory aero improvement package, definitely go for the lot Richard. Looks great and it works, what's not to like.

Richard SNR

I guess the aero is better & just need to find the right "kit" - car still has the OEM ZG bonnet hinges fitted.

If opinions matter, g noses don't improve the look of a s30 at all but he! Because race car right?

Hi zzzzed

Yes its a ultimately race car & I guess you try and do things a "little different" - I must admit it took me over 10 years from first getting involved in zed's to even "like" the ZG nose & another 5 years to "consider" putting one on a car!

The S30 is a great car shape without flares/spoilers or other "add-on" bits. 8)

Really for a racecar using a ZG nose is a no brainer like anything else that makes the car faster. The 'open mouth' look of the S30 creates a lot of drag, compare it with the aero designed S130 and the drag figures published by Nissan. Glad to see some 'young' blokes starting to think of going faster with better aero, just goes to show not all them are stuck in the 80's  ;D

• 3 months later...

Well the Lime Green car did not get to NDN15...but the Blue car did and it was a great event for anyone who made the effort to get there. ;)

3 Days of track time was great - just wished I had entered the Regularity to get more track time!

Anyway - nothing much has happened BUT one thing that is ready to progress this build is that the Kameari close ratio gearset for the R31 skyline box has been completed & ready to bolt-in behind my old tarmac motor. :)

The price of these gearsets was too good to resist...actually cheaper than when I bought the albins gearset for my Tarmac Zed back in 2004 :o

I will chip away & hopefully have all the driveline back in before 30 June his year...I hope ;D

Just an interesting fact, G-Noses mainly reduce lift, they don't really do much for drag and their inlet area is still too big for good aero.

• 3 weeks later...

short update...

New purchase made to help fast track good performance bits into the "Green Beastie" - more on that soon when sale is concluded ;)

Means I end up with a spare Kameari close ratio R31 skyline box...but worst things could happen :)

30th June 2015 completion looking good! ;D

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE...

Some good bits purchased & ready to go into this Zed include:

1. Techno Toy Front & Rear lower control arms, moustache bar & Radius Rods

2. 4.1 LSD c/w solid mount

3. RB20 Turbo gearbox with Kameari gearset

4. Warm L28 with neat triple weber setup/airbox, Arizona Sump etc. etc.

All I need is some time... :'(

Just finished fitting that stuff to Casey's very prostine Z!

Now convinced him to set it up with triple 45's ( choked right down!) it has a rare E31 head on a L24 bum.

Looks like it will be here for some time, while he's shopping at The SWM House Of Goodness!

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE

Some new wheels arrived today from Ben at Ottomoto (thanks for speedy delivery)????

Couldn't resist putting on some genuine Watanabe wheels

Took his last set of 16 x 9 & 16 x 9.5 in silver (may plastidip)

Can leave my other set jongbloed race wheels for track work only????

• 2 weeks later...

This is the donor car for some go fast bits on my Lime Green zed project :)

The previous owner did a great job on the car & I truly enjoyed a spirited run to Warwick & back via Queen Mary Falls.

Car has been well setup with a warm L28 c/w triples and pulls very nicely, particularly with the RB20T gearbox with Kameari gearset.

The 4.1 LSD makes for perfect touring & hillclimbing ability ;)

Tecknotoys LCR front & rear well matched with the adjustable suspension & Willwood Brakes.

The car will have all driveline replaced & get a  healthy L28 from my old Blue Tarmac Zed.

Expressions of Interest for this car are welcomed ;)

It will be sold after completion of my Green Zed & will look the same as you see in the photos, however will be running standard Gearbox, diff & lower control arms.

It will still have adjustable suspension/rota wheels etc. :D

This Zed has the usual rust spot issues of these cars - solid starting point though... :)

post-3174-144023798447_thumb.jpg

post-3174-144023798465_thumb.jpg