Sign in to follow this  
sexual_sushi

clutch alignment tool

hi all, just wondering if anyone knows where to get a clutch alignment tool for the 240z in aus? Just changing the clutch at christmas so I kinda need it by then. If not i suppose we can just knock one up on the lathe :D

Know anybody with a busted gearbox out of a Zed, Skyline, VL Commodore, 240K, 200B, 180B, 1600, Stanza, etc, etc?

The input shaft will do fine.

Or you could just ask Santa to bring you one  ;D

Scando is right, but if not, then just buy one of those multi-fit clutch plate alignment kits, some sort of plastic, from Repco or SuperCheap or whoever; cheap as chips & they work just fine; just select the appropriate bits to make the tool up to exactly fit the car before you pull the old clutch off, & away you go.

Use a bit of broom handle with electrical tape wrapped around it to make it the right size - have used that a couple of times, works a treat.

Or your lathing idea is even better, although might take slightly longer :P

thanks for all the suggestions guys! supercheap might sound like the easier option and i guess it should only be a couple of bucks. we (by we i mean mainly my dad) have pulled the gearbox and done the clutch a few times and have never really needed one, thought it might make the process a lil easier though.

Thanks for the offer rod f but im guessing your in melbourne? I'm in brisbane atm heading to gladstone where ill be doin the clutch. I think i even have a few gearboxes lying around up there anyway