Rev's new Zed

• Administrators

Nice work on the airbox what did you use to clean off the paint and what colour did you use to paint it? The original paint seems pretty durable so I'm wondering if I should powder coat or spray it with regular paint.

Nice work on the airbox what did you use to clean off the paint and what colour did you use to paint it? The original paint seems pretty durable so I'm wondering if I should powder coat or spray it with regular paint.

I used a wire brush on the end of a drill Gav? a bit old school it brought it up nice.  I then primed it and sanded and top coated the same colour as the car.  Just paint it with regular paint (enamel or 2 Pac) - does the job!

Test light or multimeter Dave.....could be anything.

turn the key...NOTHING....does this mean you have nothing happening with all electrics Lights, instruments wipers etc? or just the starter wont crank? 

Test light or multimeter Dave.....could be anything.

turn the key...NOTHING....does this mean you have nothing happening with all electrics Lights, instruments wipers etc? or just the starter wont crank? 

I don't seem to even have power to the dash? Crazy becuase these things aren't rocket science!

I would work through this in order, something like this - 

Step 1 - Test battery for voltage

Step 2 - Check for continuity (connection) from battery negative to engine block

Step 3 - Test for power each side of the fusible links

Step 4 - Check for voltage at supply (battery) side of 'always on' fuses

Step 5 - Check for voltage on load side (power out side) of these fuses

Step 6 - Turn key to ignition on, then check for voltage at supply side of 'ignition on' fuses

Step 7 - Check for voltage at load side of 'ignition on' fuses

Step 8 - Check for voltage at load end of circuits = eg. light bulb sockets (with switch turned on)

... and so on

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...