Sign in to follow this  
gav240z

AU 240z Radio Faceplate - To Borrow.

Hi guys,

So I've spoken with the guy who runs. http://www.240zrubberparts.com/apps/webstore/ - I was asking about getting a faceplate made for the early Hitachi Radios

TM-1081ZA or TM-1081ZB(S).

Basically before we can produce that piece we need a good template/original to copy it from.

So I'm posting a wanted ad, to see if someone has a good faceplate we can use to make copies of it. I'll keep a look out myself but I figure maybe someone would like to get a reproduction for themselves also as a spare or perhaps the Chrome has lost it's shine and you want a new 1 for yourself?

I know there was a radio on eBay not that long ago, but can't find it now.

Noticed one on Gumtree recently. Don't know if it's still available.

Regards: Alan.

Speaking with Steve at http://www.240zrubberparts.com/apps/webstore/ it appears he may have a faceplate to copy from, but the bigger problem is the fact that they all seed to have a slight bow in them.

Gavin, I just sourced a AM face plate from another member, he said it is in near mint condition with only a tiny little curve on the end. Every one I have or have seen has this tiny curve. It is not noticeable once installed in the car. He will also be sending me a combination hood and speepo grommet only found on 69 and very early 70 cars.

To me this is fine, especially if it's not obvious once installed.