#1001 rusty red.

zzzzed

Yeh the roof skin only took about 2 hours to remove.

I have removed about 4 now so it's not hard at all for me

If you want I can take closer pics of the rails where the spot welds are.

The rear beaver is pretty much shagged. It's full of bog and rust

So unless I can find some one who sells new ones then I will be fabricating a

New one.

• Administrators

Yeh the roof skin only took about 2 hours to remove.

I have removed about 4 now so it's not hard at all for me

If you want I can take closer pics of the rails where the spot welds are.

The rear beaver is pretty much shagged. It's full of bog and rust

So unless I can find some one who sells new ones then I will be fabricating a

New one.

If it's not too much trouble I'm curious where all the spot welds on the roof are, so far I'm aware that under the windscreen (leading edge), along the sides in the rain gutters? But around the rear I'm not sure? I know you have to cut at the 1/4 panels where the lead join is, but what about elsewhere?

With regard to the rear beaver panel, are you fabricating the lower section or that whole piece where the tail lights goes also? I imagine the tail light section would be quite a bit of work to get right. Where as the beaver panel should be relatively speaking provided you've got access a roller / english wheel? Just asking cause my beaver panel is shagged, but I think you can order that section from MSA.

I thought I saw that section on their list but I couldn't remember

Im gonna need to order this panel in for my 260z. perhaps if you decide to buy, we could order them together and share/save on shipping costs?

I have to order a lot from these guys in a few weeks. I will let you know when I am ready.

• Administrators

Pretty sure Tabco sells wheel houses also, looks like you need at least 1 for drivers side :).

I'm guessing she's off to the blasters once the other 1/4 panel is off?

• Administrators

Ive had better success with Newspaper, Chicken Wire and Expandofoam.

I've got what looks to be concrete in the front of a spare 240z bonnet that was 'repaired' and primed. I'm kinda dreading the day I sand that back.

Tonight's effort.

null_zpst0r70oih.jpg

Hey does someone know of a tutorial / method of how to get the rear fenders off like the photo, I know drill spot welds and that but where are they all. I've heard you can hack up the fender if your not careful, sorry if this is a bit of a thread hijack

He his well know in the Hornsby area, been in business for 30 odd years.

Also is around the corner from All Z Parts.

Holy crap! My Dad knows that old guy. My old boy used to be a senior overseer for water board, he was based in Hornsby, said many many years ago he had him do a repair to my dads merc, and back then he was happy.

My first ever car was a S13 silvia, and it had rust in the sunroof, as in someone did a quick bog and flog when i bought it, looked perfect when i got it, 3 months later...... it had that much bog in the roof, the sunroof would get jammed on its runners when trying to open it. guy said "oh its just a fuse blown" and he disconnected the sunroof switch, found out one day when trying to repair it.

Come time to sell it, we decided to do a quick repair, so my dad took me to spanno (this is going back about 12 years)

got the rust "fixed" for $300 i think it was, he even said to us, "mate, she will be good for 3 months, so if your going to sell it, make it quick", in a month and a half the smallest of bubbles had re appeared on the sun roof, and i sold the car.

About 1 year later i bumped into the kid that bought it off me at the shops, saw the car, i was afraid id get a punch in the nose, man o man was the roof bad!

But it was my first car, i didn't see the tell tale signs it was dodgey, just wanted a car! never bought a car with a sunroof since, including my bus!  8)

Rudolf.

Hey does someone know of a tutorial / method of how to get the rear fenders off like the photo, I know drill spot welds and that but where are they all. I've heard you can hack up the fender if your not careful, sorry if this is a bit of a thread hijack

Mate I have the other side to go yet so off you are lucky I will do a tutorial with lots of pics.

Mate I have the other side to go yet so off you are lucky I will do a tutorial with lots of pics.

Thanks mate that would be awsome!, surely I'm not the only one with some questions about it. Keep up the good work

Thanks