Sydney Summer BBQ - Sunday 18 Jan

George

Hey guys, just gauging interest for a Sunday BBQ this summer.

I was thinking something like Davidson Park (thanks to my lovely wife for the research there). It's a National Park so $7 for parking and we each bring a little something to share. We don't need a full picnic spread, just enough to fill the belly while we enjoy the summer and chit chat.

http://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/garigal-national-park/davidson-park-picnic-area/picnic-bbq

Open to suggestions for dates and/or other locations.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Moderators

I expect most people will be busy around Dec so my suggestion is mid Jan. The 18th looks good as the following week is Aus Day long weekend.

Works for me  :)

Have put it in the diary.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Bump, Sunday the 18th is two weeks away.

Who is planning on attending with or without Z

Does anyone have a preference for time - morning or afternoon - open to suggestions (10:30am or 2:30pm)

http://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/garigal-national-park/davidson-park-picnic-area/picnic-bbq

I will be there (no Z though :()

I've been reminded by a few people that they are still keen. Apologies for the lack of info, I've been distracted by the lazy bug lately.

We need:

-meat

-bread rolls

-salad

-drinks (esky/ice)

-chips/dips

-cutlery (plates/forks/napkins)

We also need to know how many people are coming, including partners, so that we can cater accordingly. Please confirm if you are coming and if you are bringing along friends or family members.

If you can bring any of the above please also note that in your post so that we can avoid turning up with only sausages in our hands...

I can do:

-bread/butter/sauces

-chips/dips

-drinks but no esky

Just bringing myself.

I've been reminded by a few people that they are still keen. Apologies for the lack of info, I've been distracted by the lazy bug lately.

We need:

-meat

-bread rolls

-salad

-drinks (esky/ice)

-chips/dips

-cutlery (plates/forks/napkins)

We also need to know how many people are coming, including partners, so that we can cater accordingly. Please confirm if you are coming and if you are bringing along friends or family members.

If you can bring any of the above please also note that in your post so that we can avoid turning up with only sausages in our hands...

Happy to take on the meat (nothing suss).  Let me know preferences.  I 'm thinking some lamb chops, pork rashers, sausages, steak ?

Numbers wise there will be me plus 1.5.

so do we have a definitive time yet? I can do cutlery i guess? paper plates, garbage bag, plastic knifes and forks and cups? i can also bring a big esky if needed and perhaps ice?

what are our numbers so far?

Ill be there with the wife....

Rudolf.

So far we have 10

George - salad (1 green, 1 potato) & small esky

Kylie

Mike - bread/butter/sauces/drinks

Andy - meat

Kelly

Offspring

Pete - drinks/ice/esky

Offspring

Rudi - cutlery/esky

Jackie

If anyone else is joining you're welcome to bring

- another salad

- chips/dips

- fruit for desert

I don't know how large your esky is Pete but between yours, Rudis and my small one, we should have it covered.

As for time, how does 11:30 sound? Plan for lunch around 12:30 to 1...?

Weather looking perfect at this stage so keep those fingers crossed...

• Moderators

I don't know how large your esky is Pete but between yours, Rudis and my small one, we should have it covered.

I have a sizeable collection of eskies ranging in size from about 40L up to 150L - we use them for our annual "Bathurst Pilgrimage"

The 70L is the biggest that will fit in the car so will bring that and a 40L one.

I also have a box of stainless steel cutlery that I will bring along.

Cheers

PB