No Bathurst Regularity 2015?

260DET

Anyone know anything about the NSWRRC not organising any more Bathurst regularity's?  Someone who should know told me but I've heard nothing official yet, they said there would be a race instead for which road registered cars would not be eligible for of course.

Tell me it aint true  :(

Nup. No more regularity events.

Too many idiots in cars that are not in controlled/known classes, using the most basic beginner CAMS license doing 2mins 30 second laps, wearing jeans and a windcheater.

Categories like IPRA, Group S, Group N, Sports Sedans, Porky Cup, GT etc, cars are all built to a requirement, and are monitored/controlled.

As opposed to the weird and wonderfully bizarre "once a year wannabes" that pop up,,, 'cos Bathurst!

There's the benefit of using nationally recognised category cars, and if drivers are suitably licensed up, can race anywhere in both Aus and NZ on reciprocal arrangements.

And didn't the current spec/modern Porkers get rather peeved off, when Geoff Morgan, in a 39 year old Group S ( standard production model, as sold by the dealets) annihalate the field,,, in Regularity.

Now, who wants a well built Group S Datsun, one of the fadtest in the country!

Current lap records held at 3 National circuits!

That's disappointing, wonder if there will be a regularity at Bathurst some other time during 2015.

Guess I'll have to look for a sprint on over Easter 2015 then, something using a decent speed friendly circuit. A track like Lakeside, Phillip Island, MP H circuit......Any suggestions?

That's disappointing, wonder if there will be a regularity at Bathurst some other time during 2015.

Guess I'll have to look for a sprint on over Easter 2015 then, something using a decent speed friendly circuit. A track like Lakeside, Phillip Island, MP H circuit......Any suggestions?

Bathurst Light Car Club usually run a speed weekend once or twice a year where you will do Mountain Straight Hill Climb and the Chase Descent, so you get to run 2/3rds of the circuit over the weekend.

Bathurst Light Car Club usually run a speed weekend once or twice a year where you will do Mountain Straight Hill Climb and the Chase Descent, so you get to run 2/3rds of the circuit over the weekend.

That will have to do I guess, should be fun and no minimum time restrictions though.

Mountain Straight Hillclimb starts halfway up the hill and finishes around McPhillamy Park. The Chase one starts about 1/3 the way down conrod (between top of the hill and the chase) and finishes on start / finish straight. They also do events that run up the hill through the esses (ie "backwards" to the way the circuit normally runs).

Good fun, but not up to experience of doing the whole circuit.

Why no mention of Eastern Creek ? Down the straight and around turn 1 at warp speed would be rather interesting. The CAMS NSW supersprint championship usually runs on the full circuit (either the GP or new extended Brabham circuit) a few times a year, cost is reasonably cheap (around $200-ish).  They don't seem to have dates up for 2015 yet. Even the North circuit would probably meet the criteria of a "fast" track and would potentially offer more opportunities for "track day" type events.

This is a copy of an Email I received from the NSW Road Racing Club on the 7/7/2014.

Cheers from one of the weird and wonderfully bizarre "once a year wannabes" that pop up,,, 'cos Bathurst!

Peter

Hi,

On behalf of New South Wales Road Racing Club and Bronwyn and Steven at Ripplestrip Motorsport, it is with much regret that we write to inform you that the Bathurst Motor Festival Promoter will not be conducting a regularity for our category at next year's Bathurst Motor Festival in 2015.

We have provided a category (last year two) at this event since its inception.

During this time period we have given over 170 competitors the opportunity to experience the iconic circuit, for the most part, whilst only holding a CAMS L2S Licence.

We have enjoyed running the events, have lots of fond memories and are grateful for the many life long friends and Club members we now have as a result of BMF.

To those that have supported the Club with their participation, we thank you and to those who emailed us in more recent times envisaging participation in 2015, we are sorry.

The Bathurst Motor Festival has gone from strength to strength each year and as such more and more "race" categories desire to be there, hence NSWRRC has been advised that a time slot is not available for our Regularity in the Easter 2015 program.

As some of you will know, in 2015 NSWRRC will conduct a "race" category for combined sedans. The latter was formulated some months ago following discussions with the promoter of BMF. It was in no way envisaged as a substitute for Regularity by the Club at the time of our discussions. Participation in this event requires a full NC or CC CAMS licence and a Category 3D CAMS logbooked car. If you think you can comply and wish to run, email us at bathurstcombinedsedans2015@hotmail.com  for more info, as we have a few spots left.

We are currently working to secure a future event at Bathurst for L2S Competitors and Regularity for Bathurst Motor Festival 2016. We will keep you informed of our progress.

Regards

Steven & Bronwyn

Ripplestrip Motorsport

This saddens me. I was going to enter next years event.

If its the speed that is the issue why not just put

a bollard chicane half way down the straight.

Will slow people down but you still get the fun of

driving 99% of the track flat out.

Yeh, I aint getting any younger, may still be compus mentis by 2016 for that proposed Bathurst L2S event though :) The bloke who won that London to China rally is in his 80's and apparently is backing up again so there is still hope for us 'more experienced' types.

This saddens me. I was going to enter next years event.

If its the speed that is the issue why not just put

a bollard chicane half way down the straight.

Will slow people down but you still get the fun of

driving 99% of the track flat out.

Ledge,

Unfortunately the track logistics and the tight time frames make it pretty difficult to do this, plus the safety of other competitors and officials when someone goes through the bollards.

You will be stuck behind the safety car until the whole field bunches up and then they can reset the chicanes. As an official I wouldn't want to be out on the track and have one car barrelling down on me trying to catch up to the field.

Also the race categories pay more for the privilege than the regularity guys pay. Prod sports is up over $2500 for the entry fee alone for them to get the same track time as the other categories for their one hour race. So with pressure for more race categories that pay more dollars, the categories that pay the least will go first.

Ledge,

Unfortunately the track logistics and the tight time frames make it pretty difficult to do this, plus the safety of other competitors and officials when someone goes through the bollards.

You will be stuck behind the safety car until the whole field bunches up and then they can reset the chicanes. As an official I wouldn't want to be out on the track and have one car barrelling down on me trying to catch up to the field.

Also the race categories pay more for the privilege than the regularity guys pay. Prod sports is up over $2500 for the entry fee alone for them to get the same track time as the other categories for their one hour race. So with pressure for more race categories that pay more dollars, the categories that pay the least will go first.

Fair enough.

That being said I would pay the 2500 fee.

Pretty sure if they made it the same entry fee you would weed out the goons in the poorly maintained vehicles aswell.

I do not want to do door to door racing, If this means I don't get to drive around Bathurst so be it.

It's a bit of a myth that blokes with racing licences are always more sensible and competent than those with a L2S, there are dud drivers and dud cars everywhere. Anyway, yeh, I'm one of those who just wants to experience Bathurst at speed, my ego is good for that, not necessary to beat every/any one.

The mob that have run it in recent times Ripplstrip, are aka Adrenaline, they were the ones that lost the court case against Bathurst Council, recently, trying to stop the council from allowing other organisations, like FOSC, to run club level /grassroots events.

A great pity, as FOSC, when they ran it, were only charging $800 or so entry fee for both race and regularity.

Ripplestrip/Adrenaline come along, take out injunctions, that FOSC could not contest due to FOSC just not having the funds ( grassroots, all for the competitor, make no profit type of guys!) and had to walk away.

They showed that they could get 750 competitors at $800 a pop, and it worked, didnt make any money out of it, no care!

Not like Ripplestrip! They know that Race categories will pay more, so bye bye regularity giys!

The closest "fastest - cos i got piwaz" track to Qld guys, is Eadtern Ck GP circuit.

Contact FOSC, they are putting on five events next year, lots of Regularity, and very affordable entry.

You can try Turn 1 at the Creek, in fifth, at about 6500 rpm.

By co-incidence, I got a timely email from FoSC this morning outlining next year's calendar.

No events on the GP circuit, but they are running one on the North Circuit on the 7th March.'

I've never done the north circuit (as I don't have enough of the powaz to make it exciting), but from spectating it looks like quite a high speed circuit, you get the main straight & very fast turn one, plus a nice flowing back "straight with a few kinks". Reminds me a little of what Lakeside would be like if you ran it counter-clockwise (but without the close proximity of the trackside scenery).

FoSC are great, I've been doing regularity with them since I did Bathurst in 2010 and liked the way they ran it. Informal, well organised and cheap-ish.

Yep, turn 1 at the creek is an attention grabber, especially driving over a line of gearbox oil from a car just in front of you and you wonder why you understeer at about 190km/h at the apex of the corner. Or even scarier, when the still ran the drags up the hill and had the grip stuff basically up to the entry point at turn 1. Made the wet very intersting, seen plenty of cars spear off there and had one car spear into me pushing me into another car that ended up in the tyres on the drag strip taking the front clip off hhat car and the car that hit me ending up in the wall on the inside of pit lane whilst I was spat out the middle into second place and every panel bar the roof and hatch damaged from being a pinball at over 160km/h.

Richard, if you can and the calendars line up do the trip to EC and then onto Phillip Island.