Kumho ku36.

zzzzed

Has any one used kumho ku36 for track work? 

Product reviews say they are better on the track than they are on the street.

And perform quite well for their dollar value.

Not as good as advans or some other brands but still good

I would love to hear what people have to say.

Yeh unfortunately my track tyre fund bucket was a little empty and this is all I can get. Still far better than the cheep Chinese brand tires I had. I have federal fz 201's but the 255's on the rear are hitting the flares so need to drop down a size. The kumohs will only be on the back untill I can get seething better.

I had a set on my Evo and done a few track days at mallala. You get what you pay for, they were ok but next time ill spend a bit more and get something a bit better for track work. I would class them for as a good street tyre than a semi slick.

I ran them on the street, were awesome in dry and wet, bit noisey but I like that. I wouldn't use them on the track

r888s are really good on street too, I found they were even better in the wet than most street tyres. Good on track

Dunlop direzza 03g's go well on track, not great on street

Re55s probs similar to r888s, maybe slightly faster on track

I've got R888s for my track tyres on my 350z and they are pretty horrible in terms of noise on the road. Generally can't wait to take them off the car after getting back from the track.

• Moderators

What amout nitto's?

By boss used Nitto's (NT01?) on his Renault R26 and found them very good on the track but didn't last very long; did about 2 or 3 track days and a MSCA event before needing replacement. He's used teh Achilles S02? with some good results on a Fiat 500 Arbath with a good driver behind the wheel and he gave them a good review (Luke Youlden from memory) and now the R26 has Bridgestone RE55's.

I think the are a compromise for both road and track. Any semi is dangerous on a wet greasy public road.

Find some second had track tyres and get some decent road tyres

I have 2 full sets of rota rbx rims, one set has normal street tyres. The other has federal fz 201. 235/40/17 on the front. 255/40/17 on the rear. The rears are fowling on my flares so am locking to replace them with 245's

This car is going to see very little street use if any at all so the compromise is not important. I am locking to get the best semi slick I can for around $250 each. I would like them to last longer than 3 track days hough.

I run Bridgy RE55's, in size 195/60x14, on one of the quickest, and heavy (1100kg) Z's in the country ( Group S -Historic Prod Sports), and,

The re55's last me, so far, five full race meetings, and i tend to drive fairly firmly.

They are the tyre of chouce for most that have to run a control semi.

No idea how long they'd last on street daily use,,, guess 5000 kilometres?

Or Yohie A050's!