thermostat housing

phillay

hey guys

I noticed some coolant spraying on the manifold so I went to buy a new hose and clamps, then saw how the housing has rotted away. I tried to undo the bolt and it has snapped so I took the whole housing out. There is what I think is a temp probe. and 2 wires, I goes to the distributor and one goes to i think is 12v. They seem to be stuck I can't undo the nut and I think it will break if I tried harder. I tried to find one of ebay but I am having no luck, does anyone know where I can find the bottom housing just incase I break the thing?

10499617_10152572870699328_7669846422490939170_o.jpg

If you've got little drops of water spraying it's worth checking the water pump as well. Apparently a worn front seal on these is very common, although that probably wouldn't be spraying the manifold

the bolts on the head on mine looks ok, but they could do with new ones, the temp sensor fitting looks like its seized on the housing.. just noticed that theres a slight chip and Im not sure if I should change the bottom one as well, it's going to be a long wait if I have to get it from nissan. Just ordered the top part (cover) the bolt is broken and I gotta drill it out. Nothing is ever easy on this car, was meant to only change a hose and clamp lol.

all good now guys I got the housing, and replacement hose to the manifold from the usa and the gasket to the head for 110 delivered.

I read somewhere the bolts to the head are a nissan item, mine looks ok but I wouldn't mind replacing them as well. called nissan they said I need to buy 8 of them... lol...