Aftermarket Seats for 2+2

oldmates260z

I have RX7 seats in my Zed but they sit too high and are not all that comfortable.

Does anyone know of aftermarket seats that I could fit that would not cost an arm and a leg?

I have seen the SAAS ones a Supercheap but not sure if they are any good and if you get the rails to suit a Zed

'Drift blade' branded r34 gtr type replica seats sell for very cheap from Autobarn usually like $400 a pair or half that on ebay or gumtree, they arent too bad and are ADR approved. I'd avoid imitation bride or recaro type seats.

Have you considered s2000, mx5 or 350z seats which are commonly used?

I'll buy your rx7 seats if you are looking to sell, just PM me.

• Administrators

Have you considered re-doing the original seats? Or do you need additional support for what you do with the car?

The problem for the S30z's is that most seats are too big for the small cabin area and in my opinion look somewhat out of place.

The aftermarket seats that are any good tend to cost an arm and a leg. Everything else is pretty average in my opinion.

I would imagine MX-5 seats sit a bit lower since they probably have less support and they do look similar to the original seats.

I don't know how much Recaro Pole Position seats are in AU but they should also fit into the Z ok and I like the way they look.

Thanks guys.

The issue with the RX7 seats is that my head is jammed against the roof and I am not that tall!

Would be most happy with a set of original seats preferably in leather, front and back but no longer have the original front seats. Also need a good mob to do the seats up which is a challenge.

Fully agree that the S30 seats are best. Thinking about it now, would much prefer the originals :) Will start to hunt for a good set and someone to do them up!

Once done I will PM Retro Z for the old seats if my son does not take them for his car

• 2 weeks later...

Have had a quote for $2200-2500 for leather (front and back)

Now that's a bit more than I thought

Maybe the MX5 and 350Z seats would be a good option!

D3C0Y has some 350z seats for sale.

not hard to fit, but I had very sore fingers and hands for about a week afterwards,  ::) helps to have an assistant but I did mine by myself.

Kahilid is very good to deal with, it may take a fortnight or so, others will give you better idea of time as he had to unstitch my rears to make the pattern, so it took a bit longer. I got synth leather they are ok and look great but I think I would go leather if I had to do it again, they are showing slight scuffing from getting in and out. they are made in Pakistan that's why postage is a lot cheaper than the states.

quick temper aye, well all I can say is good luck, have a few band-aids handy and a  bottle of scotch, when angry have scotch  ;D

I also bought something like theses any harware store will have them link for you to look at  http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Fencing-19mm-pliers-1000-netting-c-clips-19mm-x2-25-for-cage-and-wire-joining-/111243005307?pt=AU_Hand_Tools&hash=item19e6998d7b

• 4 weeks later...

Well the Pakistan cow has arrived!

I am very impressed with the service, quality, price and time taken from payment to delivery.

I am not confident enough to try and fit them myself so have found a guy that used to do Rolls Royce's.

The seats I am using are out of my son's Zed and are in very poor condition and I am a bit concerned about the foam support in the seats. Has anyone had any experience with replacing or working with it? There is a hessian type of material there as well that looks quite old and fragile.

post-482-144023758887_thumb.jpg

post-482-144023758898_thumb.jpg

post-482-144023758907_thumb.jpg

the heshon is needed to stop the foam from distorting and pushing through the springs, I used carpet underlay.

I am getting prices on new foam now from the states to totally rebuild my seats, I am feed up trying to make other seats fits, there is now an ebayer selling them with postage cost of $70.00 a pair. I priced some from the Zstore and they quoted me $450.00 freight

I ordered 2 sets yesterday, I am now wishing I had done this before I fitted the new covers, that's what happens I suppose when you are trying to save money, turns around and bites you in the bum. oh well anybody want to buy a set of of 300zx z32 seats let me know.