Complete New Wiring Looms???

MATTY

Spoke with VinWire this morning. Mine should be ready in a couple of weeks. He hopes.

Price has gone up and I'm not surprised. The original quoted amount of $700 seemed ridiculously cheap and what I was told this morning is that that price was for everything except for the dash loom. In any case, it now costs over $1k and possibly more soon as he's reviewing prices. Was a bit vague so best to speak with Paul directly for a firm quote.

• 3 months later...

Was quoted $700 for complete 240Z set. Send them yours and they copy it. Also comes labelled with instructions.

http://www.vinwire.com.au

They're not the fastest for turnaround but to be fair it is partly my fault for telling them I wasn't in a hurry...

I sent my harnesses in to Vintage Wiring in August of 2014. The price quoted at the time was $700 for making a new harness and retaining some components where necessary.

Almost two years later, and after many calls being told it would be ready in two weeks, it was returned to me. The price changed to $1,000 which I wasn't pleased with, especially considering the slow service, but grudgingly accepted after Paul explained the work involved. There were also delays in obtaining schematics. I have no qualms paying a fair price for professional service and after receiving the new harnesses I feel the money is well spent. The quality of the harnesses is exceptional (based on visual inspection only). The wires are all tagged and a document is provided with clear instructions which will be invaluable when it comes time to install them.

For anyone considering using them, I'm told the price will be much higher than the $1,000 for all three harnesses. I don't recall what his current quote is but if I had to guess it's around $700 per harness. Best to speak with Paul.

Below are some photos showing the old harnesses, new ones, tags, new connectors and reconditioned components.

2l8bZVl.jpg

WT3gFh4.jpg

7kZkFeu.jpg

oL9OEsK.jpg

nnIKCTJ.jpg

XdGRry4.jpg

Nice does he need the old loom to produce a new 1 or can he build them from scratch now?

That's a question best answered by Paul but it looks like they can source most terminals except a few, like the tail light bulb housings, that are required from your old harness. 

• Administrators

Sadly my bulb housings are smashed on my car I think. I am curious if your loom works first ;). Keep us updated.

You'll be waiting a while Gav! haha

Actually, I might test some wires just out of curiousity. Being all new wires though I expect no issues. If anything, there might be length problems due to either mistakes by them or routing mistakes by me.