Is this Australia's BEST 240Z for sale?

acf321

Ok, most of you either know or have heard of James Flett's mint 1973 240Z. Well look what the latest google search found me on a bored afternoon in the office!

http://allclassiccars.com.au/datsun-240z/

Did not know this was the case, so I called James and he confirmed it to be true. Having known James and had him build my engine, tranny, and basically everything mechanical on the car, I can vouch for the fact that he's a fanatic for the smallest of details, and is a period correct nutter (a bit like someone else on here!), including matching numbers everything, Nissan motorsport headers, Mikuni's, race dizzy, etc etc etc. I saw this car recently and he's got all the trick OEM race bits on it. I even had a pedal last time I was there and must say the photos do it no justice at all. OK OK... its not as nice at the Brown Hornet, but then I had to say that didn't I!

If you are or know of a serious buyer, tell him about this car as from my own experience at this price in today's $$$ you should rightly only be able to buy 1/2 a 240Z this good.

Jims' number at M.I.A Engines in DeeWhy is 9982 5288.

Ha yeah, or does that mean it's unrealistic? Sure it's a nice car but it's still a Datsun at the end of the day, not a Ferrari.

With triples and a rally cam, and the console has been modified too, so it's not really a concourse car either?

I wouldn't really know not into that sort of thing but i thought those guys want everything exactly as it was.

Seems like a tax dodge or something to me.

Look at that blue one on car sales for around the same money. Been there for aaaggessss.

• Moderators

I can see this thread growing into one of those "what's that zed worth" argument again. We all know or have a rough idea on what labour is worth, then how much is a 240 worth with a good body. Then add all the parts needed and suddenly $69K looks pretty good for a car you can jump in and drive with NOTHING to worry about. Sure, out of reach for most people but what is time worth?

I didnt mean for my post to be a smart arsed question as to the asking price. We all know the $$$ involved to get a z up to scratch, no doubt.  Just out of curiosity, how did that blue "concourse" 240z go that was asking $60k +??  Should be an indicator as to where the high end 240z buyers are at....

I met the owner of that blue one and had the pleasure of checking out the car. It is top notch with no expenses spared. None. The guy even went so far as to buy spare NOS parts but interestingly customised a lot of it at the same time. The customisations might not be to everyone's tastes and I believe that reduces the market when it comes time to sell. Could be part of the reason why it hasn't sold or it could just mean the market is not yet ready to pay that much for just a Datsun. Whatever the case, the values are heading north fast.

I spoke to James about 12 months ago at the MotorEx car show at Olympic park, where he had it displayed and for sale.. From memory I thought he told me $60k.

Beautiful car in the flesh, and the pics dont do it justice, neither did my drool on the bonnet  ;D

And when you get into cars used for serious competition, properly setup, in dirt, tarmac or circuit spec, the costs are even higher.

There are some good cars out there, and this one is as straight as a die, put together by a fastidious car preparer.

Thanks for your support guys. Sorry been a while for comment but I just got off my private jet from the Cayman Islands and we all know jet lag is a bitch. BTW can someone smack d3coy in the head for me. He is a done nothing DICKHEAD. anyway to Mick and Jas here is my 4th post

Hi James,

Nice Z ... almost as nice as the incredible Brown Hornet!

Wanna race?? The bloke that built my motor told me it'd beat anything on the road, so i'd like to test it against your Z!!

Cheers

Adam

;)

Hope you guys put the big race on "Youtoob" ,if it eventuates. LOL

Regards; Alan.

Thanks for your support guys. Sorry been a while for comment but I just got off my private jet from the Cayman Islands and we all know jet lag is a bitch. BTW can someone smack d3coy in the head for me. He is a done nothing brick head. anyway to Mick and Jas here is my 4th post

Sorry for not jerking you off enough like some of the other posts, even though I said it was a nice car...

I don't see why you are acting so butt hurt over mine, making a tax deduction on a sports car would be a smart thing to me, if that is indeed why you are upset.

I'm glad you have spent time looking into my achievements, but i'm just going to assume your a brick head based on this post.

Sorry for not jerking you off enough like some of the other posts, even though I said it was a nice car...

I don't see why you are acting so butt hurt over mine, making a tax deduction on a sports car would be a smart thing to me, if that is indeed why you are upset.

I'm glad you have spent time looking into my achievements, but i'm just going to assume your a brick head based on this post.

Out of line dc30y....

::)

Out of line dc30y....

::)

It was just a personal comment on a for sale listing, Tame reply in my book.

BTW can someone smack d3coy in the head for me. He is a done nothing brick head.

I saw this car at the nationals, super impressive up close. I'm with Alan, If it does happen Adam & Jim we want video.