*** SOLD *** Very original 1975 260Z 2+2 for sale

Waltszed

I really hesitate in saying this because it is such an overused claim that it tends to lose it’s meaning, but there must be VERY FEW 260Z 2+2’s left in the country in this sort of ORIGINAL condition.

This car was featured in Australian Classic Car (December 2007 edition). I have a copy of the article should you want to read it. If you have the article at hand yourself, note that the author somehow got my surname wrong and also stuffed up by writing I claimed it has power steering, when I told him it didn’t! The article also mentions how I actually help the previous owners to find this car, which went on to win best original Zed Car at the 2005 Datsun Nationals in Goulburn, NSW

I also exhibited this car on behalf of my father at the 2007 Datsun Nationals on Philip Island, VIC. Drove it all the way from Sydney and back without missing a beat.

After selling my “Vitamin C” Orange 240Z earlier in 2010, I bought this car from my father in Sept 2010. Between the two of us we’ve put less than 10,000kms on it in 8 years.

I have tried to include everything about the car for sale in the description below, but if you see anything in the photos that you want to know more about, please just post or call me.

Model: 1975 260Z 2+2

Location: Currently in Southern Highlands, NSW, but may soon be relocating it to storage on the Central Coast, NSW.

Item Condition: Excellent.

Body: All original.

Mechanical: Running very well – never been unreliable. Five speed manual gearbox, engine, head, flat top Hitachi SU’s, etc. are all standard. (Despite what you may have heard about flat top SU’s, these have ALWAYS been reliable and the power valve is especially responsive when touring on the freeway in overdrive). The only non-standard mechanical item is an exhaust extractor manifold. They were put on by the original owner in the late 1970’s.

It currently has 107,850 kms on the odometer, and you can be assured that is a genuine once around the clock for this car.

Mechanical work I have receipts for and the odo readings when it was done are:

• New Water Pump @ 96,440 kms

• All vacuum and water hoses, as well as the heater core replaced with ORIGINAL Nissan parts @ 98,000 kms

• New rear wheel brake cylinders and hoses installed @ 104,000 kms (parts supplied by Stewart Wilkins Motorsport)

• New brake master cylinder installed @ 104,000 kms (parts supplied by Stewart Wilkins Motorsport)

• New clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder installed @104,000 kms (parts supplied by Stewart Wilkins Motorsport)

• Front strut ball joints replaced @ 105,200 kms (parts supplied by Stewart Wilkins Motorsport)

• Front strut gas inserts replaced @ 105,200 kms

• Rear Main oil seal @ 106,500 kms

• New clutch kit (incl. fork & pivot replaced) @ 106,500 kms

• New gearbox reverse light switch installed @ 106,500 kms

• A/C re-gassed @ 106,500 kms

I have designed, developed and installed a retrofit kit for the heater and A/C control valve system. The manifold vacuum operated system is notorious for developing a leak in the switching valve behind the dash control panel, frustrating many owners and rendering the heater/vent & A/C system useless. My solution was to design an electronic non contact LED sensor switching mechatronic system to drive separate pneumatic valves which operate the actuators. May sound complicated, but it is mounted directly under the dash (on existing screws and bolts – no drilling into any panels have been made) and is completely hidden from view. It works flawlessly EVERY TIME, so you never have to worry about not having hot air defrosting the windscreen on cold winter mornings, or not having cold air from the A/C on hot summer days.

Price and Payment Conditions: $22,500 ono. After buying this car from my father over 3 ½ years ago I have decided to sell it because (a) I just don’t use much anymore and (b) I am building a house and we need the extra cash. All reasonable offers will be considered. I have been a Zed tragic for many, many years and would love to see this car go to an enthusiast who’ll appreciate it, and take it to the next stage of its life. At this stage I haven’t put it up for sale anywhere else (ebay, carsales, carpoint etc…), as I’d like you guys to get first look at it.

Engineers Certificate: Not Applicable

Extra Info:

I have put a modern SONY car radio/CD/USB/Aux unit under the glovebox, with custom brackets so NO extra holes have been drilled in the original trim.

Original 8 track radio (not working) - but still installed for originality. The power window toggle switch works fine. It also has an immobilizer fitter.

Contact Details: PM me or call Mark on 0414 230 245

Pictures: These are shots taken for the Classic Car photo shoot in 2007. I acknowledge the copyright is owned by SR Photos where noted. The car has not changed at all since that time, but I will post some current shots ASAP

post-1706-144023744044_thumb.jpg

post-1706-144023744049_thumb.jpg

post-1706-144023744051_thumb.jpg

post-1706-144023744054_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Been brought to my attention that I have written "The power window toggle switch works fine". Of course those in the know will realise I meant to say the power antenna switch still works fine".

Have had to travel recently, but when I return will post some pictures of the "factory plate/chassis number/engine number" for those that are interested. They are all original and match. This car is a genuine original.

Hi Lynton, Thanks for the encouraging comments. I know you've been following the progress of this particular car over the years. Parting with this special Zed is a REALLY hard decision to have to make, but "c'est la vie"!

I have actually made 3 of these complete A/C retro fit kit systems (one for the blue 260Z 2+2 I am selling, one for a good friend who lent me an A/C mechanism to develop the system on, and I still have one spare). I will try and get some time to post some images of how it works ASAP.