Early 240z Console Parts...

gav240z

• Administrators

Awesome sauce Dimitri - PM me what you want for that lot?

As a side note I have been reading US based threads, it seems they had to remove the hand throttle in the US so many cars had them removed before being sold. Which makes the hand throttle knob quite rare, hence hard to find on eBay. It seems some cars made it through without them being removed, but the cable was cut to disable it from doing anything.

Just something I thought was interesting.

• Administrators

..but like the others I have are missing clips and both knobs are missing their grubs.

By the way do you mean the clips on the underside for the hazard switch and parker lights? The plastic tabs?

Also what are the grubs? Are they the small screws that fasten it to the choke / throttle plate?

• Administrators

@HKS thanks for those photos, Dimitri managed to help me out with the missing parts and they arrived today. I now have the console surround, choke and throttle knobs. Only thing I really need is an ash tray lid that isn't broken.

If anyone else wants these parts please feel free to send HKS a message.

FYI: HKS that is an early ash-tray lid, the handle is slightly different to the later style.

Here is a comparison photo (early lid on right vs later on left).

IMG_0594.jpg

• Administrators

The epoxy glue I used seems to bond very hard. My current ash tray lid is in many more pieces than that though. However it looks like a piece down the side is missing.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

So I've not had much luck finding an Ash Tray lid yet.

This was on Yahoo! Auctions Japan and I didn't bid. I should have.

http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n134342366

As you can see from the first page of this thread, mine is split into a bajillion pieces and is missing the handle.

So I'm looking for 1 that is in slightly less pieces if any 1 has 1 lying around?

Willing to spend around what the Yahoo! auction piece went for. Let me know what you have, even if it's broken I might be interested in it.