George

HS30-00019

4 minutes ago, RLY240 said:

The original bolt for #20 doesn’t have a hex head but a round head to match the recess in #22.

Thanks! It does look round on the parts manual so that makes sense.

The hex head locks in well in the pin and #21 but like I said, it's odd that I have this bolt when I'm missing the rest.

Will put the bolt back as I'm sure it'll be needed elsewhere. ;D

A lot of pre 90s motorcycle engine cases use those long bolts with round heads if you get stuck looking for the right fit. 

You can find quite a variety on ebay. 

Posted (edited)

I know I'm not the first to say this, but the attention to detail in this build is truly admirable. Really enjoy the updates and the videos. Can't wait to see you enjoying the fruits of your labour :)

Of course, a large part of the pleasure is in the build itself :)

Edited by RAP260

11 minutes ago, RAP260 said:

Very true, I really enjoy working on various projects and grow bored of them once they finished.

For that reason the old Chev is perfect for me, as Dad has it all the time, the only time I get involved with it is when it needs something done, Oh and having a beer with him in his garage talking about the car.

cheers

PB

3 hours ago, RAP260 said:

I know I'm not the first to say this, but the attention to detail in this build is truly admirable. Really enjoy the updates and the videos. Can't wait to see you enjoying the fruits of your labour :)

Thanks Robert and everyone else that has commented. I don't often respond to compliments but I do appreciate them. It is nice to receive encouragement and it does make the daunting task ahead that little bit easier.

I just have to get something off my chest... you guys do know that I'm fumbling my way through this project right? While I've been into cars for a very long time I spent most of that time driving instead of wrenching. This project is like a dive off the 10m platform a few days after learning to swim.

Starting with an insanely rusted car with lots of bits missing, incorrect or just plain unusable hasn't helped either. I'm just lucky to have a supportive network (you guys) helping so thanks to everyone that is chipping in with parts, advice and encouragement. :)

12 minutes ago, George said:

Thanks Robert and everyone else that has commented. I don't often respond to compliments but I do appreciate them. It is nice to receive encouragement and it does make the daunting task ahead that little bit easier.

I just have to get something off my chest... you guys do know that I'm fumbling my way through this project right? While I've been into cars for a very long time I spent most of that time driving instead of wrenching. This project is like a dive off the 10m platform a few days after learning to swim.

Starting with an insanely rusted car with lots of bits missing, incorrect or just plain unusable hasn't helped either. I'm just lucky to have a supportive network (you guys) helping so thanks to everyone that is chipping in with parts, advice and encouragement. :)

Hi George

A total ground up rebuild is something very few have the courage to take on and even less the skill/perserverence to finish - you are doing great.

If you ever need to chat or sanity check something give me a call.

Cheers

PB

All I can say is to just keep chipping away at it.

At times it will be difficult to keep the motivation up and that's entirely normal, when I was struggling I kept envisaging what it would be like the first time I drove the car and that really kept me on track.

Cograts to both you and your wife George.

That is such a beautiful photo.

Cheers

PB

Thanks all. Yes, a girl this time and it's getting harder to justify the two 2 seater cars we own. Although I would like to hand down a car each so it should be an easy sell to the wife. ;D

I suspect the extra pit crew will take a while to pay off so I'm expecting a slow down in productivity. The first one is a little car loving mechanic. Have already started on the second with the soothing sounds of classic Top Gear episodes while she naps.