Sign in to follow this  
420BRB

summer meet

Would you prefer a day cruise + bbq or night cruise   

4 members have voted

1. 1. Would you prefer a day cruise + bbq or night cruise

• day cruise + bbq
    • night cruise + whatever we can find (food)
    • day cruise + whatever we can find (food)

Hey guys,

Would anyone in Sydney, or anyone that can get to syd like to have a meet / bbq day?

Probably wont be for another few weeks so just seeing who would be interested.

Dat

I'm definitely in, unfortunately without a Z though... but it's about time the NSW fellas got together.

Any thoughts on a venue?

A Zed meet without Zeds  ??? ;D

I'll be there, with my Zed depending on the date though. George you can ride with me if you want.

cheers, Mike.

Put me down as a tentative (got some weekend shifts coming up).  Won't be in the Z though, still a lot of work to go...

Brad

I'll be there, with my Zed depending on the date though. George you can ride with me if you want.

Sweet, thanks. Saves me the hassle of having to wash and wax the Fiesta. Those 20 inch wheels take a long time to clean!

hell yeah keen - but probably wont be free until around the end of feb, can also muster another mate with a 260

depending on dates

by the looks of it. everyone in sydney that owns a z will not have it on the road anytime soon (myself included) so lets postpone this till late feb. Weather should still be good!

In the mean time, suggestions on places? somewhere we can all meet up, and drive to our BBQ location. preferably with a view or beach?

Suggestions!?

I was down in DeeWhy the other day along the beach there was nice, but having said that getting over the the North side can be a little painful if there is heavy traffic (if your on the South side), but I was also wondering if we should try and invite the ACT group along also, given that the ACT is only a couple of hours drive away? But maybe I'm too optimistic?

Just throwing an option out there. meet up at the end of heathcoate road (maccas), cruise down via royal national park to stanwell bottoms(30mins) , on the way there we pass stanwell tops for a short break. stanwell bottoms has nice bbq areas, kiosks, beach and the occasional hangliders (landings are awesome to watch)

Immagine the sound of all the z's through the mountains  :o

Like so many of us, my Datsun's off the road at present, but it should be running again in a few weeks.

I can't know if I'm available until close to the date, but somewhere south or west of Sydney is OK (unless you want to go for a drive up the Blue Mountains ;D )

Pete

wont cruise for sometime.. need eng cert for my 280zx with the rb25 neo but cant find an engineer to do the paper work. 260z currently in the build. i have a wrx thats driveable LOL

I'm keen depending on dates.  I haven't had a chance to meet many of the people on here in person and it would be good to meet some of you!

yep count me in, i wont be in the zed either, ill have to take the Silvia.

Natio run sounds good to me, ill keep an eye out here for the dates.

Rudolf.

Please, someone organise something already! I used to organise the Syd meets back in the day and I know it's tough. Doesn't matter if your Zed isn't running, we only need a couple to show up give the "works in progress" guys some encouragement to get their Zeds running. Hopefully someone organise something before I'm due in hospital.

Here's a pic from a past Sydney meet to get the ball rolling:

10Sept0811_zps01c4bc77.jpg

cheers, Mike.

nice photo!

hey guys., gonna start some polls.. just to get an idea ..since this will be the first in a while. so lets make it awesome.

What do you guys think of having JUST Z's? i have many friends which would love to go for a drive with us (everyone loves a Z).

Are we all cool with this? yay nay?

no because my zed is in 1 million pieces! but i voted for day cruise and BBQ.

Id say either go south, meet up at Loftus oval, cruise through natio and have a BBQ somewhere in there.

Or head north, Meet at Thornleigh Maccas, take the F3, get off at Borawa Exit, Run Old pac up to peates ridge, get back on the F3, up to gosford/the entrance, for a bbq?

Rudolf.