Must Watch Automotive Program Thread.

Enzo

• Administrators

Hi Guys,

In a similar vein to project binky http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php?topic=14067.0 which I know some of you enjoy I thought I'd share Aaron Cake's RX-5 build series.

Some of it pertains to those funny Wankel motors (which is how I came across it), but it covers wiring up a megasquirt ECU, metal fabrication, vintage air-con installation etc.. I've learnt a lot just from watching this man's videos and I'm envious of the tools he has access to.

I figure it would be useful for other DIY types, best way to learn is to watch others in my opinion.

Oh and sorry for another time suck to add to your collection.

Another good one, been  watching this one for a while now. LOTS of innuendos, he even has an episode dedicated to rebuilding a Mazda 13B very insightful. Also very talented with the welder and metal work.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Looks like a really interesting series, a good mix of hands on action and people waffling on.

Correct me if I am wrong but we're pretty tame compared to that lot. Burn outs, drag racing on public roads and 'hooning' around industrial areas. Imagine if that was filmed here, the rozzers would be impounding cars left, right and centre!

Correct me if I am wrong but we're pretty tame compared to that lot. Burn outs, drag racing on public roads and 'hooning' around industrial areas. Imagine if that was filmed here, the rozzers would be impounding cars left, right and centre!

I was thinking the same and all of their hoons were 50 year olds!

Next week they're doing the Land Rover Series 1 and the following week it's a Triumph Stag so I imagine the tone of the episodes will change along with the type of owners the cars attract. Should be a good watch.

• Administrators

We just live in the Nanny country,,,,,

+1 - People love rules here, it makes them feel safe in their little suburbs. :)

• Moderators

Not a bad watch at all.

Personally I would have preferred a little less of the "waffle" and a little more detail on the rebuild.

Will be watching again next week  :)

• Administrators

I was happy to see they went with the original paint scheme and gave it the proper period look. At first it was looking like it was going down the white paint / black stripes and fog lights path.

I giggled at the sunroof part - thinking about my 240z project and how many Z's need a new roof thanks to those god awful things!

Definitely 1 of the better car shows - agree though would have been nice to see a bit more detail on the way the car was being rebuilt in particular the body work details and the engine specs etc...

Anyone catch this yesterday ? 1st episode yesterday at 4.30pm, with moffat and Rusty French...they showed some incredible tv ads and interviews. Ive always liked the Moff.

Worth a watch next week.

Hey Gav, we need a sticky or some sort of tv schedule for motoring related items..

Great to hear Moffat say how good the Mazda was, usually all you hear about is the so called "Muscle Cars" Good old CAMS killed off group "C" so the Mazda was no more, you can't have competition.

Cheers

Peter

Not a bad watch at all.

Personally I would have preferred a little less of the "waffle" and a little more detail on the rebuild.

Will be watching again next week  :)

Totally agree, would have preferred to have seen much more of the rebuild and a lot less of the dribble. If they do a mustang that is when I turn it off for good. How many mustang or GT Falcon rebuilds can you be forced to watch in your lifetime?

Cheers

Peter

• Administrators

Hey Gav, we need a sticky or some sort of tv schedule for motoring related items..

I can make a sticky post called "Must watch tv" if you think that would work?

• Administrators

A quick web search shows a list of cars, no Mustang, but they do tackle a DeLorean. The DeLorean will be interesting given the brushed stainless bodywork.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/For_The_Love_Of_Cars

There is a DMC getting around my area, it makes me happy to see it on the road. Very cool car, I think they are going to get mad money soon! Once my generation (80s kids) start getting some cash together and get nostalgic for Back to the future I'm sure values will soar. So about 20-25 years away haha.

• Administrators

Feel free to add links to specific Television programs, Youtube Channels that are related to our favorite topic of cars!

Hey Gav,

The Aussie author Matthew Reilly lives in Sydney and drives a DeLorean. May have been him. For anyone after fast action books try Matthew Reilly. Scarecrow series are great.  I have read all of his books and am eagerly waiting for the next.

David

• Administrators

Could be, I've never seen who is driving it. I've just seen it parked outside a restaurant in Drummoyne and near Concord a couple of times. They are quite a wide car and it's still a left hooker. I'm just glad to see it being driven about, but if I get a chance I'll see if I can talk to the owner.

Found this: